Dug A Nice Metate Today

Garscale

Bronze Member
May 4, 2020
East texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dug the Brazos river site today with my Dad and Justin(southerncamo). I saw this Metate in the the wall of the hole about 8ft deep. It is super dished on both sides.

Sorry I didnt get more pics before dark and its hard to see the side with the points on it.

Attachments

• IMG_0893.jpg
    IMG_0893.jpg
    469.3 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_0884.jpg
    IMG_0884.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 133
Upvote 0

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice congratulations

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
Good Lord, Thank You for Your Blessings,Amen.
I have seen a lot of your frames now packed full of all the above stuff... it all came together to me now.. I feel like such a looser, Ive always considered myself a slow learner. I understand now, why that has came to be.
With some gentile persuasion from me and some direct coaching from you, We could have a mermaid run that machine in the back ground and I could do my part..?

OP
OP
Garscale

Garscale

Bronze Member
May 4, 2020
East texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Lord, Thank You for Your Blessings,Amen.
I have seen a lot of your frames now packed full of all the above stuff... it all came together to me now.. I feel like such a looser, Ive always considered myself a slow learner. I understand now, why that has came to be.
With some gentile persuasion from me and some direct coaching from you, We could have a mermaid run that machine in the back ground and I could do my part..?

You haven't seen the above stuff before. Similar stuff but not those. I'm guessing no white man ever saw those before today. Now if you wanna bring those mermaids, I will put them to work!

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
We’re gonna need one to build wood frames too.... that is awesome. You are dialed in.
End of day pic sun in face so thunder boomers rolling across south of you? That is really lush looking grass, do the cattle have a lot of ear and belly’s parts hang down, brahama type?

OP
OP
Garscale

Garscale

Bronze Member
May 4, 2020
East texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We’re gonna need one to build wood frames too.... that is awesome. You are dialed in.
End of day pic sun in face so thunder boomers rolling across south of you? That is really lush looking grass, do the cattle have a lot of ear and belly’s parts hang down, brahama type?

Pretty much dead on the money. Storms rolled through. Sun popped out about the time I found the metate. Found about 150 or so points I guess counting brokes.

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
how many centuries of floods buried that 8 feet down?!

kentucky Quinn

Jul 27, 2013
Eastern KY
Man, It is hard to digest the amounts of artifacts and materials you are consistently pulling from beneath Crazy. I spend countless hours studying the stuff I’ve found in a year, which is minimal in comparison. Wrap your brain around all that you discover, freaking awesome show !! Thank you for sharing what you do

OP
OP
Garscale

Garscale

Bronze Member
May 4, 2020
East texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, It is hard to digest the amounts of artifacts and materials you are consistently pulling from beneath Crazy. I spend countless hours studying the stuff I’ve found in a year, which is minimal in comparison. Wrap your brain around all that you discover, freaking awesome show !! Thank you for sharing what you do
I spend countless hours doing the same.

OP
OP
Garscale

Garscale

Bronze Member
May 4, 2020
East texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I think most artifact hunters have absolutely no idea how many artifacts are down below the plow line. All they ever see is what turns up in the surface where it has been plowed and looked for 200 years. Never giving a thought to what is 4, 5, 8, or 10 feet down. Pristine goodies that are not picked over and have never seen a plow.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread