Dumb luck but I’ll take it

Racso

Apr 26, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The socal storm came and went but I still decided to go out today. I went out just hoping for wheat back and that was all. The hunt started very slow but I wasn’t surprised since the beach was sanded in. I hunted one spot for about an hour and then call it quits since I wasn’t finding much. I walked south a couple hundred feet and so a few rocks barely exposed so decided to do a little gridding. My second target was the broken class ring. After that I found aluminum and few pennie’s I kept going since I had already found more than I was expecting. Later I stayed finding fishing weights. I got this high VDI (in the 90’s) signal on the manticore and dug a pyramid fishing weight. I checked the hole again and found another fishing weight, a long one this time. I rechecked the hole once more and found a buffalo nickel. I kept gridding this particular area but couldn’t find anything else besides fishing weights and more pennies.

I wasn’t feeling anymore here so I decided to go North. I went further north than where I started. This particular spot didn’t have anything special about it but I decided to grid it. I started finding a few coins, some pennies mixed with quarters and nickels. Around an hour later I hit the small 14k ring with 12 diamond chips. As this point a was ecstatic so the rest of the hunt didn’t really matter but just kept going. I spent another 30 minutes there and found two silver dimes (I think one is a barber).

After this place I decided to go check out this one spot further north. I walked for a long time doing a zig zag but didn’t find anything. I even stopped at another place showing a few rocks but nothing showed up besides aluminum. At this point I was done so I turned around. I looked where I came from and picked a straight line to detect on my way back. I walked for a while and got this loud signal with a 94 VDI. I shoved my scoop about 4-6” down and pulled it out. Checked the hole and the target was in the scoop. I tossed it and this silver disk popped out. It was a Franklin half and I just couldn’t believe it. I checked the area around it and there were no other heavy targets so I turned off the detector and called it a day. Thanks for looking and good luck out there.

I believe this year is the year of the broken rings, I think I have around 7 of them already. Would you counted as a ring or just a piece of gold?

Attachments

• D14C994B-0A73-44A6-8F73-F7DE45D23D82.jpeg
    D14C994B-0A73-44A6-8F73-F7DE45D23D82.jpeg
    931.1 KB · Views: 182
  • 210B51BF-B993-4DD5-ACEF-71AAAF34D25D.jpeg
    210B51BF-B993-4DD5-ACEF-71AAAF34D25D.jpeg
    757.1 KB · Views: 143
Upvote 26

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The socal storm came and went but I still decided to go out today. I went out just hoping for wheat back and that was all. The hunt started very slow but I wasn’t surprised since the beach was sanded in. I hunted one spot for about an hour and then call it quits since I wasn’t finding much. I walked south a couple hundred feet and so a few rocks barely exposed so decided to do a little gridding. My second target was the broken class ring. After that I found aluminum and few pennie’s I kept going since I had already found more than I was expecting. Later I stayed finding fishing weights. I got this high VDI (in the 90’s) signal on the manticore and dug a pyramid fishing weight. I checked the hole again and found another fishing weight, a long one this time. I rechecked the hole once more and found a buffalo nickel. I kept gridding this particular area but couldn’t find anything else besides fishing weights and more pennies.

I wasn’t feeling anymore here so I decided to go North. I went further north than where I started. This particular spot didn’t have anything special about it but I decided to grid it. I started finding a few coins, some pennies mixed with quarters and nickels. Around an hour later I hit the small 14k ring with 12 diamond chips. As this point a was ecstatic so the rest of the hunt didn’t really matter but just kept going. I spent another 30 minutes there and found two silver dimes (I think one is a barber).

After this place I decided to go check out this one spot further north. I walked for a long time doing a zig zag but didn’t find anything. I even stopped at another place showing a few rocks but nothing showed up besides aluminum. At this point I was done so I turned around. I looked where I came from and picked a straight line to detect on my way back. I walked for a while and got this loud signal with a 94 VDI. I shoved my scoop about 4-6” down and pulled it out. Checked the hole and the target was in the scoop. I tossed it and this silver disk popped out. It was a Franklin half and I just couldn’t believe it. I checked the area around it and there were no other heavy targets so I turned off the detector and called it a day. Thanks for looking and good luck out there.

I believe this year is the year of the broken rings, I think I have around 7 of them already. Would you counted as a ring or just a piece of gold?
Awesome!!! Congrats!!!!

JohnnyMac

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Nox,,Whites Eagle Spectrum,Whites Coinmaster 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Congrats

OP
OP
R

Racso

Apr 26, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet hunt. Congrats looks like awesome day. Sometimes when rings are resized & where the ring is joined back together the salt water will corrode away the solder joint.
I have seen them split at the solder and I have a few of those. Some of the beaches I hunt are rocky and I only end up finding a half or quarter of the rings. I gladly take them since gold is gold. HH

Congrats on your silver, gold and diamonds! Nice ring!
Thank you.

Congrats on your finds:icon_thumright: Even a piece of a gold ring is worth finding
I agree 100%. It gives me motivation to keep going and trying to hunt the rest of the pieces. HH

OP
OP
R

Racso

Apr 26, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done Racso! Most days " dumb luck" is all I have going for me. You have a great bunch of finds. My favorite is the Buff nickel...the indian looks like he's sporting an "Afro"...you don't see that every day!
There’s nothing wrong with having some dumb luck. We can’t kill it in the finds department every time we go out. The nickel was encrusted in some green sand from all the years on the beach so I put it in some CLR and water to clean it up. I couldn’t take off the rest, plus it was enough to get a year (1937). Thanks for looking and HH.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread