jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
funny how prices keep dropping as if someone wants these countries to think their gold isn't worth bringing back home right now.
when it was worth it , they left it sit in U.S. Vaults.

Now all of a sudden

The Dutch central bank has secretly brought a large part of the national gold reserves being held in a secure depot in New York back to Amsterdam. In total, 120 tonnes of gold valued at €4bn has been brought back to the Netherlands by ship, Nos television said.

I'm curious what these countries Know or Fear all of a sudden :laughing7:

they say [FONT=&quot]The central bank decided to bring some of its gold reserves back to the Netherlands to ensure a better spread. In addition, the bank hopes to boost consumer confidence by showing there is enough gold in the Netherlands to take the country through a new economic crisis.[/FONT]

But is it true ? :tongue3:

Read more at DutchNews.nl: Dutch bring 120 tonnes of gold back to Amsterdam from New York Dutch bring 120 tonnes of gold back to Amsterdam from New York - DutchNews.nl

Last edited:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
They'd better cut some bars up to make sure they're solid gold and not tungsten filled....

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This is just the start of of countries wanting to hold their own gold. What this is saying is that people are becoming aware that there are WAY more precious metals being traded than there are precious metals. When the music stops, somebody is NOT going to get their gold/silver, etc. The best way to ensure you get it, is to have it in your own possession. Once the breaking point is reached, it will be a huge race to get possession.
Jim

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I read somewhere, maybe it was Britain, or Germany, tried to get delivery from the Feds. Each country marks their bullion with their nation's stamps. One or the other received under weight bars without their nation's stamps. Read that somewhere year before last. I know that most nations are frustrated by their attempts to recover their gold from the Feds. And the question arises as to whether the Fed actually has the gold anymore. Fort Knox is empty? = a question asked for years!

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read somewhere, maybe it was Britain, or Germany, tried to get delivery from the Feds. Each country marks their bullion with their nation's stamps. One or the other received under weight bars without their nation's stamps. Read that somewhere year before last. I know that most nations are frustrated by their attempts to recover their gold from the Feds. And the question arises as to whether the Fed actually has the gold anymore. Fort Knox is empty? = a question asked for years!

I do believe that was germany about their gold held in New york.

i believe it is also supposed to take several years to deliver it all back to Germany :tongue3:
Surprise, Surprise !

they cite Security issues , but seriously,
who is gonna steal tons of Gold, Other then Nations ?
life is not a Hollywood Movie.

Last edited:

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think there is something else that plays into this. In the past America was always seen, by the rest of the world, as a nation of laws, and morality. That said, America was a good place to place your trust. Give something to Americans, and you got it back. With Obama's administration, it has been shown that is not always the case. Instead of a nation of law and morality, we are now becoming a nation of "one man's rule". When that happens, all bets are off. One man can decide you don't get your gold back, among many other things. So, "maybe it's better we get our own gold under our own control". We can't trust America anymore.
Jim

57chevy

Oct 4, 2014
The West
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000 D Looking to find enough to replace it.
Replaced it with a Garrett 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is just the start of of countries wanting to hold their own gold. What this is saying is that people are becoming aware that there are WAY more precious metals being traded than there are precious metals. When the music stops, somebody is NOT going to get their gold/silver, etc. The best way to ensure you get it, is to have it in your own possession. Once the breaking point is reached, it will be a huge race to get possession.
Jim

Eactly correct. The international bankers have been stealing gold and trying to hide that fact for a long time.

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Jim in Idaho,
You wrote: "We can't trust America anymore."
Who is 'we'?
Is that your personal opinion or are you quoting someone else?
Don,.
What I meant, Don, was that other countries may be feeling that way. It's easy to trust a country that is ruled by laws. It's tougher to trust when one man can change the rules arbitrarily......think of China.
Jim

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I want to hold my precious metals in my hands. No IRA holding my gold, no Fed holding my gold. Only I should hold my gold. Maybe I'll issue a fiat for it and give that fiat to 20,000 different people. And THEN I have 20,000 times what I had originally. Of course I would need to be evasive when anyone wanted to see my gold, or hold it in their hands. There are no thieves in this world, everyone is honest. Trust me :)

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Manbat

Mar 23, 2013
Bucks County,PA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD2GWP Quick Draw II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny as well how oil keeps dropping like a rock. Its almost as if all this is happening by design, the coming collapse of the monetary system, a new cold war with Russia and a plague (Ebola or Obola if you prefer) too boot.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Controlling the gold has been the name of the game since man first found it... he who holds the gold... holds the power.
I personally believe the executive order in 1933 was an attempt to make fictitious gold in the reserve become a reality at the expense of citizens... they needed gold for one reason or another and did not have it... SO they made it illegal to possess it... and they bought it all at a whopping $20.67 per ounce.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread