Dutch schultz's treasure

david66

May 7, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
to whom it may concern! This I know, if Dutch did bury treasure and someone found it no one would admit to it. They can't keep it. The treasure would be on display at the museum in Albany for all to see. I know everybody interested says they know where it is, put your money where your mouth is. Everybody is making money off Dutch by writing books on the subject but no one has found the treasure! If some one said they knew where the treasure might be regardless of their credentials wouldn't you say ok show me. I mean would you laugh off someone's knowledge because they don't have the credentials you want to see? The treasure is buried in a field in Edgewood Greene county N.Y. Dutch was last seen driving towards Chichester N.Y.. He owned a bottling company in Edgewood and had several farmers in the area running stills for him. One of the largest busts by the FBI in the area came one winter storm. They were looking for bootleggers and they were flying in the area when all the other roofs had two feet of snow on them a particular barn had no snow on the roof. They investigated and busted an old woman and her husband running the still in Mink Hollow N.Y.. Mink Hollow was connected to a road system that connected with silver hollow and willow as well as Woodstock N.Y. My grandfather, superintendent of highways, Ellsworth Meigs and judge Fromer wanted to revive this road system in the 60s but the Town of Hunter refused. The bust was one of the largest in N.Y.S. at the time. I can not spew all my knowledge on this post but if you folks want to see the treasure there is a field about less than a quarter mile from the bottling company that Dutch owned to bottle and store his booze coming from the stills in this area! All the gangsters were present in the Tannersville Hunter area.My Grandmother was interviewed by the FBI and she told us she saw every gangster they showed her pictures of but she told the FBI she new nothing! I would love to use ground penetrating radar to check this small field. Keep in mind the train went through Edgewood. The gangster could ship his booze use the train to get back and forth if he desired, no driver required. easy access and egress on the road system fraught with three ways to get away from the police, a gangsters dream! Contact me when you guys are serious and we will do this out in the light of day! I have been metal detecting just below the field on both sides of the road to be thorough. I am just one man,I can't do it all I need help, but I really feel we stand to find his treasure if we use ground penetrating radar in this particular field. What is the worst that could happen I look stupid and now we know where the treasure isn't! The treasure sits on New York State Land and Dutch wants it out of the ground and into the sunlight, Dutch's last effort to come clean! one of Dutch's statements on his death bed was if only the farmer new what was buried in his field.He mentions the Devil or Indians face on rt 214 about half a mile or so from Edgewood. Nope the treasure in Edgewood and I wood love to show you, I need your help!

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1st, Welcome to one of the worlds largest public treasure forums!

2nd. Wait, say what?! You think you "know where it is", yet your very first post ever is to go on a public forum that reaches hundreds of thousands of complete strangers (including LE, the gov't and the IRS) announcing it to the world?! Dangerous, counterproductive, self destructive come to mind...

If you think you know where it is, you don't need help, certainly not the help of complete strangers. Go rent a detector, grab a trusted family member or friend, dig it up in the cover of dark and live out your life in peace and wealth. The very last thing you should ever be doing is talking about it to anyone, let alone hundreds of thousands of strangers on a public forum.

Last edited:

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
one of Dutch's statements on his death bed was if only the farmer new what was buried in his field.He mentions the Devil or Indians face on rt 214 about half a mile or so from Edgewood. Nope the treasure in Edgewood and I wood love to show you, I need your help!

On what basis do you say this? Dutch was rambling following surgery, only lived less than a day afterwards and everything he said was transcribed so law enforcement could get as much intel as possible. His last words were:

"A boy has never wept...nor dashed a thousand kin.
You can play jacks, and girls do that with a soft ball and do tricks with it.
Oh, Oh, dog Biscuit, and when he is happy he doesn't get snappy."

Can you provide a source for what you say were his last words? Several months ago we discussed Dutch Shultz in another thread, following a PBS program that followed three groups of people who were searching for his treasure. Part of what was discussed was how long cash money would survive, even if buried/stored in the best of containers. It wasn't encouraging. The money would have degraded fairly quickly, leaving only precious metals and jewels. Anything paper be gone now.

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola Amigos

Perhaps Dixie Davis recovered Dutch Schultz cache in 1939 before fleeing to California to live a life of luxury in Bel Air before dying of heart attack from a home invasion in 1969?

Kanacki

Citiboy289

Aug 9, 2012
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Various depends on the need at the moment
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow one of my most favorite forum topics. Some day someone one will join all these threads together and have one heck of a book. Good luck all.

MiddenMonster

Bronze Member
Dec 29, 2004
Down in the pit
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 GTA
Wow one of my most favorite forum topics. Some day someone one will join all these threads together and have one heck of a book. Good luck all.

And given the interest in the subject vs. the lack of treasure found, the book might end up being of more value than the treasure when it comes to cashing in on the Dutchman.

austin_luker

Oct 17, 2014
New York State
Detector(s) used
XP Dues (AKA: EMI Chaser/Dog fence lover)
9" X35 - 11" LF - HF Elliptical - MI6 -
Garrett AT Pro with Neil Storm Coil, NEL SharpShooter and Garrett Pro PinPointer AT (Carrot)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I live pretty close and have been to Phoenicia many times and done some detecting while up there, I would be more than happy to help out with my machines and semi-young labor lol..
Email - [email protected]

Zincoln Miner

Nov 14, 2003
New York State
Detector(s) used
Minelab Vanquish 340, Tesoro Silver uMax, Compadre, and BH Tracker IV.

Ex: White's Spectrum XLT, Tesoro Cutlass II Umax, and that circa late 70's red handled junk from RadioShack that started it.
Gotta appreciate the game of telephone the deathbed ramblings of DS has gone through over the years.

massey631

Apr 25, 2022
to whom it may concern! This I know, if Dutch did bury treasure and someone found it no one would admit to it. They can't keep it. The treasure would be on display at the museum in Albany for all to see. I know everybody interested says they know where it is, put your money where your mouth is. Everybody is making money off Dutch by writing books on the subject but no one has found the treasure! If some one said they knew where the treasure might be regardless of their credentials wouldn't you say ok show me. I mean would you laugh off someone's knowledge because they don't have the credentials you want to see? The treasure is buried in a field in Edgewood Greene county N.Y. Dutch was last seen driving towards Chichester N.Y.. He owned a bottling company in Edgewood and had several farmers in the area running stills for him. One of the largest busts by the FBI in the area came one winter storm. They were looking for bootleggers and they were flying in the area when all the other roofs had two feet of snow on them a particular barn had no snow on the roof. They investigated and busted an old woman and her husband running the still in Mink Hollow N.Y.. Mink Hollow was connected to a road system that connected with silver hollow and willow as well as Woodstock N.Y. My grandfather, superintendent of highways, Ellsworth Meigs and judge Fromer wanted to revive this road system in the 60s but the Town of Hunter refused. The bust was one of the largest in N.Y.S. at the time. I can not spew all my knowledge on this post but if you folks want to see the treasure there is a field about less than a quarter mile from the bottling company that Dutch owned to bottle and store his booze coming from the stills in this area! All the gangsters were present in the Tannersville Hunter area.My Grandmother was interviewed by the FBI and she told us she saw every gangster they showed her pictures of but she told the FBI she new nothing! I would love to use ground penetrating radar to check this small field. Keep in mind the train went through Edgewood. The gangster could ship his booze use the train to get back and forth if he desired, no driver required. easy access and egress on the road system fraught with three ways to get away from the police, a gangsters dream! Contact me when you guys are serious and we will do this out in the light of day! I have been metal detecting just below the field on both sides of the road to be thorough. I am just one man,I can't do it all I need help, but I really feel we stand to find his treasure if we use ground penetrating radar in this particular field. What is the worst that could happen I look stupid and now we know where the treasure isn't! The treasure sits on New York State Land and Dutch wants it out of the ground and into the sunlight, Dutch's last effort to come clean! one of Dutch's statements on his death bed was if only the farmer new what was buried in his field.He mentions the Devil or Indians face on rt 214 about half a mile or so from Edgewood. Nope the treasure in Edgewood and I wood love to show you, I need your help!

I wished I could honestly say where this story first originated from and who foretold it to come to fruition. For these 2 people to find 2 gold $5 dollars in the Stony Clove Creek here recently in the past 10 years is remarkable bc there is nothing practically there for them to contrast with the Treasure. My guess is when Dutch went Rambling on in his incoherentness he was going along the trail where he hid his treasure. You know it's probably close to water soo where these 2 people found these gold dollars it's not too far away from there. I honestly think the treasure is between the Esophus Creek and the Stony Clove Creek. You've gotta believe that it's a marked area where he only knows soo the attention to detail detective work does come out of your mind where he secreted this known location only to him. I wanna believe he marked it with something besides those trees he put an X on but if you think about it all the Flooding and water movement could of open the trunk it's self and moved the whole dowrey up or down stream since someone has found 2 gold dollars here in recent years. Just knowing the location of that Trunk or where it is buried is priceless.

massey631

Apr 25, 2022
On what basis do you say this? Dutch was rambling following surgery, only lived less than a day afterwards and everything he said was transcribed so law enforcement could get as much intel as possible. His last words were:

"A boy has never wept...nor dashed a thousand kin.
You can play jacks, and girls do that with a soft ball and do tricks with it.
Oh, Oh, dog Biscuit, and when he is happy he doesn't get snappy."

Can you provide a source for what you say were his last words? Several months ago we discussed Dutch Shultz in another thread, following a PBS program that followed three groups of people who were searching for his treasure. Part of what was discussed was how long cash money would survive, even if buried/stored in the best of containers. It wasn't encouraging. The money would have degraded fairly quickly, leaving only precious metals and jewels. Anything paper be gone now.
In my memory of what someone said about the Espopus Creek being the creek that he buried the Treasure along I'm haveing a hard time believeing that bc of the other places where Gold Coins have been found outside of Stony Clove Creek and his Ramblings with Devils Tombstone. If you look at old maps you'll see the old roads went a different way back then than what they do now. I think it's a shame that someone speaks about the Esopus Creek on the map that was interated into the story but if you look at that map you'll see it's just a figure on the map and not a specific diatone to what the map dictates. If you Follow Dutch's oddities in his behavior you start to think that he's gonna hide the treasure to only his likeing where he only knows it's there. The real devils advocate here is the chances of him hideing the Treasure on Private Property is soo high that you start to realize that if it's still out there hidden this is the reason why bc the property owner doesn't know it's there. Dutch's idea to create this treasure chest for his own good does portray an act of smarts and intellegence here to say to the leader of our country since your taxing us now I'm going to outsmart you and put away alot of money soo you can't tax me and take it away from me. He did just that and look at what has happend since he did this. Nobody can find the Treasure he did and being honest with you if I found I couldn't keep my mouth shut about it bc of it's vass amount of loot. I truely think it was hit by the floods in the area and opened years ago and destroyed by the flooding.

Chase7628

Mar 6, 2018
CICERO NY
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my memory of what someone said about the Espopus Creek being the creek that he buried the Treasure along I'm haveing a hard time believeing that bc of the other places where Gold Coins have been found outside of Stony Clove Creek and his Ramblings with Devils Tombstone. If you look at old maps you'll see the old roads went a different way back then than what they do now. I think it's a shame that someone speaks about the Esopus Creek on the map that was interated into the story but if you look at that map you'll see it's just a figure on the map and not a specific diatone to what the map dictates. If you Follow Dutch's oddities in his behavior you start to think that he's gonna hide the treasure to only his likeing where he only knows it's there. The real devils advocate here is the chances of him hideing the Treasure on Private Property is soo high that you start to realize that if it's still out there hidden this is the reason why bc the property owner doesn't know it's there. Dutch's idea to create this treasure chest for his own good does portray an act of smarts and intellegence here to say to the leader of our country since your taxing us now I'm going to outsmart you and put away alot of money soo you can't tax me and take it away from me. He did just that and look at what has happend since he did this. Nobody can find the Treasure he did and being honest with you if I found I couldn't keep my mouth shut about it bc of it's vass amount of loot. I truely think it was hit by the floods in the area and opened years ago and destroyed by the flooding.
A lot of people think the 2 guys seeded those coins to keep the show or the idea of the show moving along...they are not the most up and up from what many have said...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread