Dutchman's Caches

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This one, by a young Canadian couple, shows what the effort will allow you to see along the way to the top.

But I don't think anyone believes the Dutchman's caches are anywhere up on the Flatiron.

The only Canadians who were so close to a gold ore cache in the Superstitions. Of course is not Waltz's cache but Senner's.
IMHO ,they passed by about 50 yards afar.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's Ok Somehiker. I can live without this. Most of my posts are not addressed to someone so nobody is obligated to answer to me. Everyone is free to waste its time in the way like it . But don't forget, if you ever find a rich mine in the Superstitions, please post your spot in large pictures to can find out where it is, and a detailed explanation of your research, in regards to remain all the treasure hunters happy and grateful.

The only Canadians who were so close to a gold ore cache in the Superstitions. Of course is not Waltz's cache but Senner's.

Live without what, markmar, your post does not specify ?
Obviously, it's not some perverse need to belittle and denigrate the comments, ideas, experience and photos shared by myself, Idahodutch and others on T-Net. Your most recent post is certainly proof of that.

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Live without what, markmar, your post does not specify ?
Obviously, it's not some perverse need to belittle and denigrate the comments, ideas, experience and photos shared by myself, Idahodutch and others on T-Net. Your most recent post is certainly proof of that.

" Most of my posts " I have wrote. You would been a good reporter for fake news.
Nothing perverse involved. My opinion was result of all my info that was accumulated from various sites and forums.

OP
OP
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
It was a hot one here today, but at least it feels nice out right now :)

This thread was started because I wanted to share my search for the LDM.
During the process, there have been lots of good discussions, here and other threads.
I have learned a lot, and have rethought some of the tentacles of the legend, but for me, what has surprised me is that I would have the opportunity to make it back into the area I think is where the LDM is located. A couple more bits of the puzzle that had been holding things up for many years, appears to have maybe been located.

Further investigation on site is required in hopes of finding out if this is actually the place, or not.
We want to make it back again for a longer trip this time. Hopefully it works out for sometime later this year, or early next year.

It has been a privilege to share my search with Dutch hunters, as well as be on the receiving end of some sharing from some serious researchers and hunters.
I am not done searching yet, just saying it has been interesting, and most times .... fun :)

Sincerely,
Idahodutch

OP
OP
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
Idahodutch

I wish you good luck in your research and i hope one day you will find what are you looking for. Now, I want to give you an advice that none of your experienced treasure hunter friends told you, at least not in public like I was able to read.

You wrote how in your previous trip in the Superstitions, you have filtered and drank water from some pools in Needle Canyon. That was very bad because nobody should drink from pools of main canyons bed in a region which is suspected to had mining activities.
You know Spanish/Mexican miners used arrastras for grinding the ore and smelters for processing the grinded ore or the gold dust. When they had time maybe would pan the dust from an arrastra but in the most cases they used mercury. So that stuff maybe still lying somewhere on those mountainsides and a rain could drain it away in those canyons.
Also the dust from smelting gold and other metals which are in the same ore, like lead, copper, etc, is full of arsenic. So think how many tons of this dust could still lying on those mountainsides which in a rainy day could be washed away in those canyons.

So, my advice is how is better to drink from a spring that emerges in a main canyon bed or anywhere else, or to search for pools on high grounds or on the top of the mountains, which are temporary accumulated in crevices or shallow ground, hidden from the sunlight.

And one more time, good luck!

Thanks Markmar,
I hear what you are saying. We had much debate in camp about it.
The reality of the situation, is the water we got and filtered, allowed us to stay one extra day. A day that we used to rest and stay hydrated, and cool.
We hiked out the next day, ready and rested for the hike.
It did help that we were not carrying all the extra water weight on way out :)

If gets down to life or death, without water, for heavens sake, just drink the water :)
The mega safe mentality .... like many things, perhaps it has gone a little overboard.
In my humble opinion :)

Doc4261

Nov 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Markmar,
I hear what you are saying. We had much debate in camp about it.
The reality of the situation, is the water we got and filtered, allowed us to stay one extra day. A day that we used to rest and stay hydrated, and cool.
We hiked out the next day, ready and rested for the hike.
It did help that we were not carrying all the extra water weight on way out :)

If gets down to life or death, without water, for heavens sake, just drink the water :)
The mega safe mentality .... like many things, perhaps it has gone a little overboard.
In my humble opinion :)

I too have wondered if the water I filter is good. Knowing where i go has mercury. But when I go it will have rained just before. And is fresh enough the way I see it. But to carry an extra 5 gallons , 40 lbs. Does def slow ya. So I take the chance the safest way I know how. Markmar, your info on this site is refreshing. Not many post, hella lot of readers... The ones of us that go out def read what u say. Not necessarily agree. But each has there own solve. There are alot if mines out there yet to find. Which one, one decides to look for is up to them. I know I look for others for fun, just cuz I like the challenge. Only one's I want to find are on the H/p. Which many don't believe in. Hense the challenge again. Someone is right or will be right. Those that doubt the trail I blaze, no hair off my balls. I like to share the rest I will never get too. But like u, I won't just give it away. Hope everyone that goes out and looks has success on what they are looking for. U remind me of me always having the mind turn. The thrill of the challenge. There are always some bad eggs but most here just want the find the truth. For that I commend all who take that challenge, but do it safe.

Cubfan64

Silver Member
Feb 13, 2006
New Hampshire - USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Teknetics T2 & Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Now you know where Senner's gold is too? Pretty amazing for someone who has never set foot in the mountains Markmar. You have some interesting theories and I've enjoyed your posts over the years, but you really need to come out to the Superstition Mountains sometime and spend a week out there to TRULY understand them.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now you know where Senner's gold is too? Pretty amazing for someone who has never set foot in the mountains Markmar. You have some interesting theories and I've enjoyed your posts over the years, but you really need to come out to the Superstition Mountains sometime and spend a week out there to TRULY understand them.

I like your magician way to find out things about others. Could be an ancient method which I'm not yet aware? Tell us please, because I want to find out where are going and what are doing every day people that I'm interested of. I'm joking, but my advice is to don't make statements with certainty which later could expose you.

I like you guys. You make my days with your posts. Seems you are the Lords of the Superstitions.

Last edited:

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Is anybody interested in Senner's gold ore cache? It's about one million worth if will be sold piece by piece for jewelry. As gold, Senner estimated it at about 34 pounds.
I don't want share from this cache, but I will give it to someone just to vindicate me, or just for the sake of the adventure.
Would be the recompense for his/her effort to climb that mountain.
marius....we are in a miserable heat wave here...its been about 118 degrees......probably not a good idea to climb up to the top of the mountain right now.....its a pretty rough climb

OP
OP
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
Is anybody interested in Senner's gold ore cache? It's about one million worth if will be sold piece by piece for jewelry. As gold, Senner estimated it at about 34 pounds.
I don't want share from this cache, but I will give it to someone just to vindicate me, or just for the sake of the adventure.
Would be the recompense for his/her effort to climb that mountain.

I don?t know Markmar,
You wish to be vindicated of what? That you know what you are talking about?
And to vindicate yourself, you want to show how to find Senner?s gold.

And this you do on a thread where someone has been trying to share their search.
The behavior is rude. I don?t know if you are aware that it isn?t just a once off, with you, where you feel the need to interrupt threads with your stuff. It is not always, but it is frequent.
It is many time done in a taunting fashion. Often demeaning to your recipient.

We all can get passionate about our searches, and butt in at times. I guess you must be very passionate, because you do it a lot. Maybe it is not meant to taunt, but it sure feels like it.

Why not do your own thread about Senners gold?
Sincerely, Idahodutch

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
marius....we are in a miserable heat wave here...its been about 118 degrees......probably not a good idea to climb up to the top of the mountain right now.....its a pretty rough climb

I was not talking for the summer, but now I will delete my posts about Senner's gold, because I have derailed Russ's thread.

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don?t know Markmar,
You wish to be vindicated of what? That you know what you are talking about?
And to vindicate yourself, you want to show how to find Senner?s gold.

And this you do on a thread where someone has been trying to share their search.
The behavior is rude. I don?t know if you are aware that it isn?t just a once off, with you, where you feel the need to interrupt threads with your stuff. It is not always, but it is frequent.
It is many time done in a taunting fashion. Often demeaning to your recipient.

We all can get passionate about our searches, and butt in at times. I guess you must be very passionate, because you do it a lot. Maybe it is not meant to taunt, but it sure feels like it.

Why not do your own thread about Senners gold?
Sincerely, Idahodutch

I'm sorry Idahodutch, I believed you have finished sharing your research, and i wanted to give a fresh note to your thread. We were talking about caches, and I believed this would not been so different. As you can remember was a debate and I answered to others who were throwing water to Senner's mill. So was not my intent to continue with that theme.

OP
OP
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm sorry Idahodutch, I believed you have finished sharing your research, and i wanted to give a fresh note to your thread. We were talking about caches, and I believed this would not been so different. As you can remember was a debate and I answered to others who were throwing water to Senner's mill. So was not my intent to continue with that theme.

Markmar,
I thought I was finished sharing, but then more came to the surface.

Even that you would take it upon yourself, to decide if someone is finished with their thread, is offensive.

Thanks for the apology, but I really don?t think you understand.
Idahodutch

OP
OP
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
Markmar,
I should probably let you know, that my search is not done.
I was given more time to physically go in, boots to the ground.
That’s a big game changer from when I started sharing my search.
I expect to have more to report, at a later time, after more investigation of stuff in this site.

It is just a thought, but without letting your spot be public knowledge, anyone could say they are the ones that found the spot, not you.

At this point, if I were to just keel over, and someone finished my search, the Dutch hunters would know, and at least my work was not for nothing, and Idahodutch’s work would be part of it.

Personally, I’m excited to see what all can be found out .... potentially.
The elusive LDM, and so far, this spot has full support of the clues.

..... you really thought I was finished?
It’s a free country (sort of) post what and wherever, whenever.
It is not my say.
Just know you reveal who you are. But sometimes people evolve, and I have hopes for you :)
Sincerely, Idahodutch

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Markmar,
I thought I was finished sharing, but then more came to the surface.

Even that you would take it upon yourself, to decide if someone is finished with their thread, is offensive.

Thanks for the apology, but I really don?t think you understand.
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

There are people who know what we are going and take decision about our past, and you took my comment as offensive?
I meant you have temporary finished because you shared your info about your last trip in the mountains and for now you have to wait for the next season to make the next trips. I didn't knew you have something new to share, so I'm waiting to read what new came to the surface.

Now i have to leave this thread because i learned a lot from it and i have nothing else to write which could not be taken as an offense. Good bye!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
Idahodutch

There are people who know what we are going and take decision about our past, and you took my comment as offensive?
I meant you have temporary finished because you shared your info about your last trip in the mountains and for now you have to wait for the next season to make the next trips. I didn't knew you have something new to share, so I'm waiting to read what new came to the surface.

Now i have to leave this thread because i learned a lot from it and i have nothing else to write which could not be taken as an offense. Good bye!

Markmar,
The reality is that there are many options of things to write, that would not be offensive.
I take your send off to me as a small tantrum of sorts.
I’ve raised boys, and they at times, would give responses very similar to yours.

I hope for you the best in your endeavors.
Idahodutch

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the perfil map area. It's not where you are talking about. Map is actually 3D. Got to bend it at the middle creek ravine. My question has anyone that already knows this been there? Not what I'm looking for , so no I haven't spent the time to.climb there myself tho. Even if this is one of the easiest to get to of all the maps of mines in th sups. Perfil map is Not of the Ldm.. In the giving mood today, for those that don't know of the area yet.
View attachment 1928058 View attachment 1928059 View attachment 1928060

I've been recently sorting through a few notes and photo files which I have on thumb drives and SD cards.
Some I've posted before, including this shot of the same spire. In all, I've made six hikes through that area and, considering the many interesting things which can be seen on and from that mesa, as well as along the opposite ridge line and the within the canyon floor below, I'm not surprised that it's drawn so much attention from LDM searchers over all these years.

100_1270 needle.jpg

Last edited:

Jesuit Apache

Tenderfoot
Sep 24, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If anybody did find it they certainly won’t be on here telling you they found it and they won’t be posting it on social media and some tv shows, keep the world in the dark and leave it at that.

Last edited:

Doc4261

Nov 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been recently sorting through a few notes and photo files which I have on thumb drives and SD cards.
Some I've posted before, including this shot of the same spire. In all, I've made six hikes through that area and, considering the many interesting things which can be seen on and from that mesa, as well as along the opposite ridge line and the within the canyon floor below, I'm not surprised that it's drawn so much attention from LDM searchers over all these years.

View attachment 1934026

Have no doubts there is a mine over there. Just too close to get to for me. I like going where no one else is going. Off the beaten path. Maybe one day for fun. Just not any time soon. Bigger fish to fry.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread