Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice pic, Seems like a safari hunting trip. Let me guess, the person who took the picture has a rifle too and a huge knife.
Thanks,
Itā€™s beautiful in those mountains. Maybe one day you can make it out there, if you havenā€™t. šŸ‘

Edit: you can always pretend you are on safari if thatā€™s your thing šŸ¤“

Last edited:

Wyatt_DH

Greenie
Oct 3, 2022
Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
When the attack a person that is an experienced prospector and Member of this site They get treated as A**holes, But not to worry, respectfully I Ignored him and when I ignored him both accts went Bye Bye. No more issues
You should try in August, it's the best weather here that time of year.

OP
OP
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
You should try in August, it's the best weather here that time of year.
Wyatt,
Since I started this thread, I get notified when someone posts to it.
Iā€™m curious to the motive behind your post, since most folk would not agree with what you said.

If you have something to contribute, thatā€™s one thing, but it seems you are off topic, and kicking a hornets nest. šŸ«¤

Wyatt_DH

Greenie
Oct 3, 2022
Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wyatt,
Since I started this thread, I get notified when someone posts to it.
Iā€™m curious to the motive behind your post, since most folk would not agree with what you said.

If you have something to contribute, thatā€™s one thing, but it seems you are off topic, and kicking a hornets nest. šŸ«¤
I was only commenting to entertain myself. Obviously August would be the worst time of the year to go, lol. Just didn't like the "know it all" snarky comments from old Gary here. It is amazing to me that out-of-staters think they will just figure out the location from reading online and looking at maps, then expect to find something within the two weeks of being here. I don't know whether it's arrogance, ego, or just plain stupidity.

OP
OP
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
I was only commenting to entertain myself. Obviously August would be the worst time of the year to go, lol. Just didn't like the "know it all" snarky comments from old Gary here. It is amazing to me that out-of-staters think they will just figure out the location from reading online and looking at maps, then expect to find something within the two weeks of being here. I don't know whether it's arrogance, ego, or just plain stupidity.
Wyatt,
Iā€™m just as guilty of making comments, ones that provoke.
I canā€™t really say too much šŸ„“

So, are you a searcher of the LDM?

Doc4261

Nov 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wyatt,

I try to just point people in the right direction. Some take it hard with what I say, but most I post to help get them on the right train of thinking to get them to where they need to looking. Lots of misdirection has been posted over time. I try to help weed out them misdirections without giving too much out. Just like el hoyo isn't the ldm.
šŸ¤· In the end everyone has to follow what they believe. Gl all.

OP
OP
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
I try to just point people in the right direction. Some take it hard with what I say, but most I post to help get them on the right train of thinking to get them to where they need to looking. Lots of misdirection has been posted over time. I try to help weed out them misdirections without giving too much out. Just like el hoyo isn't the ldm.
Doc,
Thanks for filling us in šŸ¤“

The post you quoted was for Wyatt_DH.
I saw that he hasnā€™t posted much, and was giving him opportunity to share.

Wyatt_DH

Greenie
Oct 3, 2022
Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wyatt,

I am a searcher for the history of it, whether the mine is found or not I could honestly not care less. I am far more interested in the exploration and adventure part of it all, then actually finding the mine to put it in other words. I have some ideas of where it would be, but they are only that, ideas. Hewitt canyon specifically in my opinion. Nobody has truly ever explored that area and if they have they are lying, it is far too big and steep for even the best hiker out there, and it runs all the way up to Rogers Trough. You would need rope access to certain parts just to even see around some corners up those massive slopes and rock faces.

Wyatt_DH

Greenie
Oct 3, 2022
Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What is your opinion on its whereabouts? More west or more east? I have always thought it would be further east than people might think. Those mountains hold so many more minerals than those in the likes of Goldfield.

Doc4261

Nov 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is your opinion on its whereabouts? More west or more east? I have always thought it would be further east than people might think. Those mountains hold so many more minerals than those in the likes of Goldfield.
Easy or west of what. East of weaver's needle if that is what u mean and less than 4 miles of weaver's needle.

Wyatt_DH

Greenie
Oct 3, 2022
Arizona
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Easy or west of what. East of weaver's needle if that is what u mean and less than 4 miles of weaver's needle.
East or west superstition wilderness. The wilderness area has a general outline on a map, I was talking east or west as far as that goes. Did Jakob Waltz ever say weavers needle or did he only say a pointed rock that looked like a knife? Weavers needle was named back then, so I donā€™t understand why he wouldnā€™t just say weavers needle if he actually wanted them to find it.

OP
OP
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
šŸ¤“
I used to think all kinds of stuff. I went looking West side, East side, but east side definitely has more mineralization. Does that mean the LDM is on the east side?
šŸ˜ no, just means more mineralization to find.

As you all know, I am a clues guy. I try to work the cluesā€¦ and there has still been progress.
The location of the inclined shaft high up above, at first seemed to have very little for pinpointing precise locationā€¦.. but just as the clue for finding the hidden camp came to life, a couple years back, there are clues I missed ā€¦ read right passed, but then there it was ā€¦ all along.
It is not pinpointed down to the foot, like the mine directly across of the camp, but itā€™s narrowed down to a very small area.

The saga is nearly finished. šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜Ž

OP
OP
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
šŸ¤“
I used to think all kinds of stuff. I went looking West side, East side, but east side definitely has more mineralization. Does that mean the LDM is on the east side?
šŸ˜ no, just means more mineralization to find.

As you all know, I am a clues guy. I try to work the cluesā€¦ and there has still been progress.
The location of the inclined shaft high up above, at first seemed to have very little for pinpointing precise locationā€¦.. but just as the clue for finding the hidden camp came to life, a couple years back, there are clues I missed ā€¦ read right passed, but then there it was ā€¦ all along.
It is not pinpointed down to the foot, like the mine directly across of the camp, but itā€™s narrowed down to a very small area.

The saga is nearly finished. šŸ˜šŸ˜šŸ˜Ž
I was looking forward to meeting many out there at Rendezvous this November, and was also looking forward to making another trip to the ravine/canyon below the spot where 4 peaks looks like one peak.

I have only been on 3 trips to that area. The 1st time was in 2009, when I went in to collect samples, and to see if the view of 4 peaks would be there. It was, but we were at the end of our trip.
The 2nd trip was just a couple years ago in 2021, after many many years of looking for Waltzā€™s hidden camp, I saw something on google earth, that looked like could be the hidden camp.
So we drove from Idaho to Arizona, and went in to see. I am 99.999% sure that what I saw when I went in, was indeed Waltzā€™s hidden camp.
From there, hiked over to where Waltz said his mine is located.
Everything actually fit. What looks to be the mine location is buried like waltz said.
I was not well and that was it for that trip.
Later that year, I ordered a device that uses new technology ā€¦.. deep underground radar. The device claims to go 40 meters deep, and out 3,000 meters.
We got the device, and testing it for what we wanted was not readily available. We tested other functions, but to test underground capabilities, required a known underground target.
If the LDM clues we found are the real deal, then the device should pick it up the LDM, and the cache buried on top of the mine.
It should also pick up the gold down inside of the upper inclined shaft mine. We confirmed the cache on top of Waltzā€™s mine, across of the hidden camp. But again, I was not well. We did not get up to the upper shaft mine area, to scan, but there was no doubt left about the cache on top of the mine. It did not read the cache at one meter, and at 2 meters, it seemed to be getting whiffs of something, but nothing definitive until we had the depth set to 3 meters. On 3 different approaches it came up to the exact same spot.
I exhausted myself removing material from on top of the spot.

So now, after heart surgeries, and time to recover, it was time to finish ā€¦. Until early this morningā€¦. My heart started racing. It got up over 200 beats per minute, so went to the hospital. They tried different things to lower my pulse, even got the paddles out and shocked me twice, to no avail.
Their last resort is some medication, thatā€™s pretty harsh, and it worked.

They think I need another heart surgery to fix what they think is the problem.
Surgery is not scheduled until March, due to staffing issues at the hospitals.

All I know, is maybe the LDM has a curse protecting it šŸ„ŗ.
Probably not, but sure seems like it šŸ„“

So, I wonā€™t be going for the foreseeable future. Maybe I donā€™t get to be the guy to open up the mine.

Clues that are associated with this site:
- Bicknellā€™s Jan, 1895 article. All of it, except verifying 2 gold deposits, (only verified one deposit) and if the 7 bodies are in the mines.
- Holmes manuscript directions.
Not knowing where Waltzā€™ 1st & 2nd waters leaves picking up the trail to San Carlos, before the trail turns to the south.
However, from the SanCarlos trail, to the Rock man, is there, also the path going up to the left, then following along the ridge, then the saddle (no round Indian ruin found) and through the saddle to the highest point in that followed ridge, look north, 4 peaks looks like one peak.

Thatā€™s what checked out , then the hidden camp, and the mine across the canyon.
All look to be the real deal.

No, no gold got dug up yet.
- one other clue that also fits, if you pass the little red hills, youā€™ve gone too far. I always liked that one. šŸ¤“šŸ‘

I sure had fun looking. Right now, Iā€™m just glad to still be here šŸ˜Ž
Sincerely,
Idahodutch

OP
OP
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
I was looking forward to meeting many out there at Rendezvous this November, and was also looking forward to making another trip ā€¦ā€¦..

ā€¦ā€¦. So now, after heart surgeries, and time to recover, it was time to finish ā€¦. Until early this morningā€¦. My heart started racing. It got up over 200 beats per minute, so went to the hospital. They tried different things to lower my pulse, even got the paddles out and shocked me twice, to no avail.
Their last resort is some medication, thatā€™s pretty harsh, and it worked.

They think I need another heart surgery to fix what they think is the problem.
Surgery is not scheduled until March, due to staffing issues at the hospitals.

All I know, is maybe the LDM has a curse protecting it šŸ„ŗ.
Probably not, but sure seems like it šŸ„“

So, I wonā€™t be going for the foreseeable future. Maybe I donā€™t get to be the guy to open up the mine.
ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦..
ā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ I sure had fun looking. Right now, Iā€™m just glad to still be here šŸ˜Ž
Sincerely,
Idahodutch
I have some potentially good news.
I canā€™t hardly believe it. It was just yesterday, that things looked a little bleak šŸ«¤.
Then there was a cancellation for the exact surgery that they said I needed, and it was for first thing this morning. I said yes, signed the paperwork, had the surgery, and am now back home.
The surgery was a successā€¦. And was a cure for that particular heart issue.
Recovery is about 2 weeks to get back to light to moderate exercise. Maybe a month or 2 to be up for hiking in the mountains. Maybe a little longer, šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø

If I feel good enough to make the trip, I might make it to Rendezvous after all. šŸ‘
I really am looking forward to meeting a bunch of you guys, if I can make it. :occasion14:
Idahodutch

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have some potentially good news.
I canā€™t hardly believe it. It was just yesterday, that things looked a little bleak šŸ«¤.
Then there was a cancellation for the exact surgery that they said I needed, and it was for first thing this morning. I said yes, signed the paperwork, had the surgery, and am now back home.
The surgery was a successā€¦. And was a cure for that particular heart issue.
Recovery is about 2 weeks to get back to light to moderate exercise. Maybe a month or 2 to be up for hiking in the mountains. Maybe a little longer, šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø

If I feel good enough to make the trip, I might make it to Rendezvous after all. šŸ‘
I really am looking forward to meeting a bunch of you guys, if I can make it. :occasion14:
Idahodutch
Howdy Idahodutch,

Glad to hear that you are doing better, that was some ordeal you went through. March did seem a little too far away for something that serious. You are one lucky man to have that surgery over with. You may be lucky enough to find the LDM.

Just be sure you are healthy enough to go into those mountains. All the gold in the world is not worth risking your life for.

OP
OP
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
Howdy Idahodutch,

Glad to hear that you are doing better, that was some ordeal you went through. March did seem a little too far away for something that serious. You are one lucky man to have that surgery over with. You may be lucky enough to find the LDM.

Just be sure you are healthy enough to go into those mountains. All the gold in the world is not worth risking your life for.
Homar,
Thank you for the kind words. It means a lot my friend.
At present, the mrs. and I are thinking that Rendezvous is doable as long as things go ok for recovery of this type of surgery.

In all honesty, I donā€™t know what to think about the LDM, other than I agree with you, and Iā€™m not looking to die out there. šŸ˜Ž

I do think plans for something in the not to distant future, are already dancing in my head like sugar plumbs šŸ¤“

Sentinel

Jan 5, 2007
Homar,
Thank you for the kind words. It means a lot my friend.
At present, the mrs. and I are thinking that Rendezvous is doable as long as things go ok for recovery of this type of surgery.

In all honesty, I donā€™t know what to think about the LDM, other than I agree with you, and Iā€™m not looking to die out there. šŸ˜Ž

I do think plans for something in the not to distant future, are already dancing in my head like sugar plumbs šŸ¤“
I am hoping you can make it. Its been over 40 years since the last time we were camped out in that area, would be good to just share some of all that around a campfire.

OP
OP
Idahodutch

Idahodutch

Bronze Member
Sep 25, 2019
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Gold Legend
Primary Interest:
Other
I am hoping you can make it. Itā€™s been over 40 years since the last time we were camped out in that area, would be good to just share some of all that around a campfire.
Good afternoon Sentinel,
Things look really good at this point, but Iā€™ve got lots of extra eyes making sure I donā€™t go out doing things out in the yard, exerting.
Itā€™s hard not to do little things that donā€™t really take much. Loved ones making sure the incisions at the femoral veins heal upā€¦. šŸ„“
I promised to be better šŸ¤“šŸ‘

I still have relatives in the area, so will spend time visiting family, and friends, and putting some faces to some of them. šŸ¤“
I look forward to to campfire talks, stories of adventure, and just having fun. šŸ˜

Idahodutch

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread