Ear Pods for the legend

67GTA

Dec 3, 2017
Franklin, KY
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 XP Deus 2 Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you are talking about wireless, just make sure they are aptx low latency. Any ear buds that the Equinox users recommend should work with the Legend since it uses the same bluetooth tech as the Equinox. Just do an internet search for Minelab Equinox aptx-ll earbuds. If you try and use regular wireless ear buds, they won't be fast enough, and there will be a noticeable lag between when you sweep over a target and when you you hear it.

OP
OP
R

Ricardo23

Jun 7, 2022
If you are talking about wireless, just make sure they are aptx low latency. Any ear buds that the Equinox users recommend should work with the Legend since it uses the same bluetooth tech as the Equinox. Just do an internet search for Minelab Equinox aptx-ll earbuds. If you try and use regular wireless ear buds, they won't be fast enough, and there will be a noticeable lag between when you sweep over a target and when you you hear it.
Thank you for the information

Breed

Apr 8, 2021
Jackson, AL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+ ,Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I do not think that you can use ear buds with the simplex. Only their headphones.

67GTA

Dec 3, 2017
Franklin, KY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I do not think that you can use ear buds with the simplex. Only their headphones.
Yeah, it uses a different bluetooth setup. I've never seen a wireless earbud setup for the Simplex. They sell a wireless transmitter that fits in a pocket that you could use wired earbuds with.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here's that transmitter. I have one and use it with my Gold Kruzer and Anfibio. It will also work on the Simplex. ez-wander-wireless-module.jpg

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Anyone using Ear pods with the Legend. Which ones work? I would like to use them, regular earphones are very hot in summer.
thanks for the nudge, I ordered the Aukey B80 wireless earbuds with lanyard yesterday, hope to try them out next week. I will report findings good or bad

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good to know, thanks for that info. Applies to the Simplex as well?
no, the Simplex has different wireless technology

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For operation with The Legend, these are fantastic, no BS;
I've seen them sold 'on sale' at other establishments for $22.99 but I got mine delivered within 8 hours from Amazon, I was shocked how quickly they arrived. They also have a bunch of different ear collets to fit.

TOZO G1 Wireless Gaming Earbuds w/Charging Case
45ms Low Latency
Gaming Mode
Screen Shot 06-14-22 at 12.51 PM.PNG

Last edited:

67GTA

Dec 3, 2017
Franklin, KY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
thanks for the nudge, I ordered the Aukey B80 wireless earbuds with lanyard yesterday, hope to try them out next week. I will report findings good or bad
Used those with my Equinox for a couple of years. Occasionally they would disconnect. Would always reconnect though. Never figured it out. By then the battery was getting weak (4 hours). I used the crap out of them.

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
For operation with The Legend, these are fantastic, no BS;
I've seen them sold 'on sale' at other establishments for $22.99 but I got mine delivered within 8 hours from Amazon, I was shocked how quickly they arrived. They also have a bunch of different ear collets to fit.

TOZO G1 Wireless Gaming Earbuds w/Charging Case
45ms Low Latency
Gaming Mode
View attachment 2032048
sweet, thanks!

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Used those with my Equinox for a couple of years. Occasionally they would disconnect. Would always reconnect though. Never figured it out. By then the battery was getting weak (4 hours). I used the crap out of them.
thanks!

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Anyone using Ear pods with the Legend. Which ones work? I would like to use them, regular earphones are very hot in summer.
So I received the Aukey B80 wireless earbuds with lanyard. Can't seem to get them to pair with my Legend. They pair easily to my phone. I am going to investigate the TOZO units that Richard Guy recommended.

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So I received the Aukey B80 wireless earbuds with lanyard. Can't seem to get them to pair with my Legend. They pair easily to my phone. I am going to investigate the TOZO units that Richard Guy recommended.
Got the TOZO G1 earbuds yesterday but will not pair with the Legend. Pairs to my phone just fine. I feel like it must be operator error since my Legend headphones pair as soon as I turn them on. I even got the Legend headphones to pair to my phone.

I have checked and rechecked the Legend manual so now I am annoyed. Would love any insight from those who have successfully paired aftermarket Bluetooth devices to the Legend. Thanks.

67GTA

Dec 3, 2017
Franklin, KY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I remember the Aukey brand had very specific pairing instructions to get them into pairing mode. I am just guessing you would have to have both detector and headphones in pairing mode for them to see each other?

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I remember the Aukey brand had very specific pairing instructions to get them into pairing mode. I am just guessing you would have to have both detector and headphones in pairing mode for them to see each other?
yes, the B80 has you press and hold the button until you get a green\white flashing light and its ready to pair. The Legend is supposed to look for that when it powers on but they never sync up.

67GTA

Dec 3, 2017
Franklin, KY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Look at the Legend bluetooth setting and make sure it is on 1 and not 0 before putting the earbuds in pairing mode. I'm not 100% sure if it is on by default if not connected to the Nokta headphones.

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Look at the Legend bluetooth setting and make sure it is on 1 and not 0 before putting the earbuds in pairing mode. I'm not 100% sure if it is on by default if not connected to the Nokta headphones.
You are on it and I appreciate the help. They are supposed to pair up automatically, but I have tried the manual pairing. On "1", the headphone and bluetooth icons blink and don't stop, then I turn it off "0", and the both icons disappear. Going back to "1" again they just blink.

While they are blinking, I initiate the pairing on the Aukey by depressing the button until I get a green\white flashing light (pairing mode). So both Legend and the Aukey are in pairing mode for as long as 5 minutes and they just don't pair. What bugs me is the exact same issue with the TOZO G1 earbuds.

Both sets pair to my phone just fine, the Nokta headphones pair to my phone (and to the Legend). Later today I am going to try to pair my Sony Bluetooth headphones to my Legend. They are not low latency but I just want to see if I can get something else to pair with the machine.

Thanks again

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Anyone using Ear pods with the Legend. Which ones work? I would like to use them, regular earphones are very hot in summer
You are on it and I appreciate the help. They are supposed to pair up automatically, but I have tried the manual pairing. On "1", the headphone and bluetooth icons blink and don't stop, then I turn it off "0", and the both icons disappear. Going back to "1" again they just blink.

While they are blinking, I initiate the pairing on the Aukey by depressing the button until I get a green\white flashing light (pairing mode). So both Legend and the Aukey are in pairing mode for as long as 5 minutes and they just don't pair. What bugs me is the exact same issue with the TOZO G1 earbuds.

Both sets pair to my phone just fine, the Nokta headphones pair to my phone (and to the Legend). Later today I am going to try to pair my Sony Bluetooth headphones to my Legend. They are not low latency but I just want to see if I can get something else to pair with the machine.

Thanks again
Big props to Richard Guy!! He walked me through the "un-pairing" process and now the earbuds pair fine. I will say that the Aukey B80s did not perform as well as I'd hoped. Gonna try the TOZO G1 this week and hoping for a better result! Thank you so much Richard Guy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread