Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yes, the B80 has you press and hold the button until you get a green\white flashing light and its ready to pair. The Legend is supposed to look for that when it powers on but they never sync up.
Big props to Richard Guy!! He walked me through the "un-pairing" process and now the earbuds pair fine. I will say that the Aukey B80s did not perform as well as I'd hoped. Gonna try the TOZO G1 this week and hoping for a better result! Thank you so much Richard Guy.

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
TOZO G1 buds work very well with the Legend

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Big props to Richard Guy!! He walked me through the "un-pairing" process and now the earbuds pair fine. I will say that the Aukey B80s did not perform as well as I'd hoped. Gonna try the TOZO G1 this week and hoping for a better result! Thank you so much Richard Guy.
Hi Hunk-A,
How was your outing? Did you get them to say "Gaming mode ON" after they paired? You have to turn Gaming mode 'on' with every pair/power-up. Mine are still kicking smartly:)

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Hunk-A,
How was your outing? Did you get them to say "Gaming mode ON" after they paired? You have to turn Gaming mode 'on' with every pair/power-up. Mine are still kicking smartly:)
Richard, thanks for the follow up. Still a bit of a work in progress.

I was able to get them to pair AND get them in gaming mode. TYVM! It worked well for awhile, but after that, I was experiencing (what I think was) a latency issue and couldn't seem to ensure they were in gaming mode. I was trying other new stuff with the detector so not sure if I was causing my own problem.

I really do like the swing speed at 10 so the low latency is a big factor. I have also upgraded the software twice (1.07&1.08) since trying the buds.

Then, as detecting goes, life caught up with me and I haven't gotten back out to put the TOZOs through another test.

I will say they are very comfortable and am pretty sure they will work well once the "operator" gets them dialed in.

Thanks so much, peace out

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Richard, thanks for the follow up. Still a bit of a work in progress.

I was able to get them to pair AND get them in gaming mode. TYVM! It worked well for awhile, but after that, I was experiencing (what I think was) a latency issue and couldn't seem to ensure they were in gaming mode. I was trying other new stuff with the detector so not sure if I was causing my own problem.

I really do like the swing speed at 10 so the low latency is a big factor. I have also upgraded the software twice (1.07&1.08) since trying the buds.

Then, as detecting goes, life caught up with me and I haven't gotten back out to put the TOZOs through another test.

I will say they are very comfortable and am pretty sure they will work well once the "operator" gets them dialed in.

Thanks so much, peace out
My only complaint is the 'tapping', ... the interface is particular and I haven't gotten the finesse trick yet. I am able to adjust the volume and enter gaming mode after manic tapping :^) Sometimes, I charge up the case with them in it and they seem more responsive to civil tapping vs the latter, ... seems that when tapping the right ear earbud, the woman's voice says, "Gaming Mode On" and they sound more 3D-ish. I've not had a latency issue and have been running all versions to include 1.09 I do like them much better than the 'cans' in the summertime, ... I'll maybe go back to 'cans' in the colder months. If I lost the TOZOs, I'd get another pair, ... even with the tapping :) Just reporting where I am with mine:)

Last edited:

Huntster54

Jan 26, 2017
Detector(s) used
Antique whites TR-goldmaster

Under water model to be posted
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes, the B80 has you press and hold the button until you get a green\white flashing light and its ready to pair. The Legend is supposed to look for that when it powers on but they never sync up.
I seem to remember with bluetoof is the unit you want to pair with has to be on first. Then the wireless item is powered up. So perhaps the legend should be on first and fully up and ready to pair then power up the ear buds. This may be a captain obvious moment, but I didn't really read anyone discussing the sequence of pairing itself.
The item in your hand is an addition to a unit already running. Both items constantly search, but it's your legend that has the landing address.
At least that's how I see it. ... or hear it.

And I must say, I may order up some ear buds as well after reading this thread. Since I use hearing aids, maybe jamming in some earbuds may give me relief from the constant base white noise of the hearing aid feedback. It's not strong or loud, but it's annoying.

pulltaboo

Jul 29, 2022
North GA
Earbuds are not for me (pushing dirt into your ear canals?), but I'd love to find a bone conductor aptx-ll headset for my Legend!… Unfortunately, they don't make them anymore.

Huntster54

Jan 26, 2017
Detector(s) used
Antique whites TR-goldmaster

Under water model to be posted
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Earbuds are not for me (pushing dirt into your ear canals?), but I'd love to find a bone conductor aptx-ll headset for my Legend!… Unfortunately, they don't make them anymore.
See if they have it or similar at this website, I'm heading out at the minute or I'd check for you. Go into the professional broadcasting section first.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions