Early 1900s landfills

Jack Hamilton

Apr 13, 2009
Murrieta Ca
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq
Early 1900's landfills

Does anyone have a resource similar to http://www.geocommunicator.gov/blmMap/Map.jsp?MAP=MC for finding early 1900's landfills? I had found one when I lived in northern cali somewhat by accident and was able to dig up all kinds of great bottles. I think we had 2 paper grocery bags filled at the time and when we moved they were left behind on accident. I'm interested in locating some new dig
sites here in southern cali. In my thinking most old towns should have a spot. I suppose alot them are already covered by housing tracks, who knows. If there is a forum or thread already running on this topic point me to it and I will delete this post and carry on there. I couldn't find anything with the search engine. Thanks HH :coffee2:

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: Early 1900's landfills

Hi Jack,

Did a search with just the term landfill on the forum and didn't find any specific thread on finding landfills. just a smattering of topics relating to landfill finds scattered throughout various forum topics.

Maybe someone else can jump in with something.

Al

OP
OP
Jack Hamilton

Jack Hamilton

Apr 13, 2009
Murrieta Ca
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Sabre, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq
Re: Early 1900's landfills

Thanks Al, I'll keep my fingers crossed. I'm thinking of driving over to the town museum today to pick their brains. Maybe the folks who work their might know of some locations locally.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread