Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A friend of mine found this piece in a park in Niagara Falls, ON. He received a solid repeatable signal on his Deus and dug this clam shell looking object, it has some weight to it. As he cleaned it, he noticed it had a hinge and thought… what's inside? As he carefully brushed off the dirt, when he opened the clam shell and couldn't believe the surprise inside. :laughing7:

Dimensions:
Closed, the clam shell measures approximately 2” long by 1.75” wide.
Open, the clam measures just over 3" across.

Any background information/history or a country of origin for this piece would appreciated. :thumbsup:

Thanks,
Dave

Attachments

• 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    125.9 KB · Views: 206
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    109.8 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_1487.JPG
    IMG_1487.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_1489.JPG
    IMG_1489.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 93

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
There are no less than 5 of those in brass and aluminum for sale on ebay now. I did not look at the sold listing. Likely China or some other Asian country.
Good one!
Amazing that it only takes 5 seconds in today's world to put it in the search engine, and up pops the listings.

Upvote 2
OP
OP
ANTIQUARIAN

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks very much for your help guys, although this piece does appear to have some age to it. :icon_scratch:

I too saw the repros online, any fool can take 5 seconds to do a 'Google Search'. I was simply hoping that one of the members here may actually have some practical knowledge of the history behind this find.

Last edited:
Upvote 2

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks very much for your help guys, although this piece does appear to have some age to it. :icon_scratch:

I too saw the repros online, any fool can take 5 seconds to do a 'Google Search'. I was simply hoping that one of the members here may actually have some practical knowledge of the history behind this find.
Then again we have to thank our cousin Zeb for providing the following information.

It seems that the original finder all ready knew what the age of the item was.
Except we gets played like fools.

Posts: 2199Joined: 09 March 2014Location: Upper CanadaReputation: 245

Early 1900's Rare Erotic Bronze Clam Shell

Unread post by Hotdawg » Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:24 pm
This post is continued from the "Milk Token From a Park " posting.

So at this second park, I received a solid repeatable signal on the Deus, dug it up and I find this clam shell looking find that has some weight to it.

As I started to clean it up, I had noticed it had a hinge and thought hmmm... I wonder what's inside
:?:

As I carefully slowly brushed off the dirt away I gently started to open this clam shell and couldn't believe the surprise inside...
:wow:

What did I just find!!!
:lmfao:

The clam shell measures; (closed) approximately 2 inches long by 1.75 inches wide. When open, the clam measures just over 3" across.

The information I found online...It's an original bronze clam shell that opens to a very detailed swinger scene.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
ANTIQUARIAN

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I always find it funny how some old guys have way too much free time on their hands. Especially when it comes to anonymously chastising others from behind a computer screen. :laughing7:

Upvote 0

Bramblefind

Silver Member
Nov 26, 2009
New York
Detector(s) used
T2/F75 SE
I wonder if these were sold in tourist gift shops - my guess would be 1930s-40s? There's one here on Worthpoint that is stamped "Palm Beach Scenery."

Since the one in the OP was found in Niagara Falls it seems fitting that it would be sold in a shop like that there.

Attachments

• silver-palm-beach-scenery-erotic-clam_1_cff46892eb02a1ec131ffc44783ad9ff.jpg
    silver-palm-beach-scenery-erotic-clam_1_cff46892eb02a1ec131ffc44783ad9ff.jpg
    459.3 KB · Views: 19
Upvote 3
OP
OP
ANTIQUARIAN

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I wonder if these were sold in tourist gift shops - my guess would be 1930s-40s? There's one here on Worthpoint that is stamped "Palm Beach Scenery."

Since the one in the OP was found in Niagara Falls it seems fitting that it would be sold in a shop like that there.
Thanks very much for your help and response Bramblefind, I'll pass the info along to my friend. :thumbsup:

Upvote 2

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Can't argue with this fact.
When a FF stares at that reflection in the mirror, JW's last line of the quote is ringing in the ears.

Upvote 2

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am confused by this thread. So this is a repost of a prior post about this same clam shell? Or is this a different clam shell? You folks lost me. I am slow this morning.
Well it seems that the OP was seeking information for a friend's find that was posted.

But the truth actually is the post from June 9th by the original finder from his post.
The item was already properly ID
(Content passed on by cousin Zeb)

So this OP just wanted to share it because either it turned a little crank, or like so many do, they don't read the content of the written post, only looks at the pictures. :dontknow:

Upvote 2

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it seems that the OP was seeking information for a friend's find that was posted.

But the truth actually is the post from June 9th by the original finder from his post.
The item was already properly ID
(Content passed on by cousin Zeb)

So this OP just wanted to share it because either it turned a little crank, or like so many do, they don't read the content of the written post, only looks at the pictures. :dontknow:
Ok. It is a repost. Thanks.

Upvote 2
OP
OP
ANTIQUARIAN

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks very much once again for your help with this find villagenut, GoldieLocks and Bamblefind. :hello:

Stay cool out there ,
Dave

Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread