East Texas Metal Detectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeyboots

Jan 22, 2012
New York, NY
Detector(s) used
Fisher Pulse 8X/Garrett Gold Stinger/Tesoro Sand Shark/Tiger Shark/Falcon MD 20, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sent two detectors to ETMD. They have been there awhile and last year when I called, I was told I will be contacted when they are repaired. I waited then decided to check again. I called and phone was busy so I checked the Facebook page. The page reports his wife recovering from surgery and repairs are delayed. (Understandable) I sent an email of condolences, with get well wishes included. (no response) The reason I am posting is to confirm if anyone else is in the same boat and can confirm what I am saying. The man Keith Wills has a sterling reputation and was recommended by Kelly Co. Anyone in Texas who knows of this business can let me know what is going on? I do not want to continue to call and be a nuisance if there is a family problem there.

Upvote 0

canadian digger

Mar 18, 2009
I sent two detectors to ETMD. They have been there awhile and last year when I called, I was told I will be contacted when they are repaired. I waited then decided to check again. I called and phone was busy so I checked the Facebook page. The page reports his wife recovering from surgery and repairs are delayed. (Understandable) I sent an email of condolences, with get well wishes included. (no response) The reason I am posting is to confirm if anyone else is in the same boat and can confirm what I am saying. The man Keith Wills has a sterling reputation and was recommended by Kelly Co. Anyone in Texas who knows of this business can let me know what is going on? I do not want to continue to call and be a nuisance if there is a family problem there.
i sent a detector to him to be fixed and waited two years then had to ask him to send it back H charged me seventy five dollars to send it back

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When did you send it in?

OP
OP
Joeyboots

Joeyboots

Jan 22, 2012
New York, NY
Detector(s) used
Fisher Pulse 8X/Garrett Gold Stinger/Tesoro Sand Shark/Tiger Shark/Falcon MD 20, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i sent a detector to him to be fixed and waited two years then had to ask him to send it back H charged me seventy five dollars to send it back
Oh geese. The detectors are two Tesoros, Tiger and Sand. I use them underwater and both had serious coil cable issues. After Tesoro stopped repairing them he seemed like the only one around doing it. Maybe I better call or write Kelly Co and give them the heads up not to make that referral anymore.

GeoW

Jul 12, 2005
Coastal Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II, XP Deus, XP ORX, Nautilus DMCllBa, Troy X5 Shadow, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Outlaw

The bad I've heard of this guy far outweighs the good.
Good luck!

g

OP
OP
Joeyboots

Joeyboots

Jan 22, 2012
New York, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sent one to be repaired at the start of the year (2022).

Two years??!!

Wow!
Are you going to call? If I do this week I will let you know what he says. The last two times I called he said we have them and will advise you when they are completed. It seems you and I are in the same boat.

jwm45

Sep 5, 2011
south texas
Detector(s) used
,f-5,simplex 2.68: simplex + 2.78
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good mercy , are you located in Canada?Heard nothing ,but good things about Keith :icon_scratch:He lives in Gilmore ,Texas.During the spring and summer months he has always been busy sometimes 2-3 months before getting detectors back,but two years?
:dontknow:

OP
OP
Joeyboots

Joeyboots

Jan 22, 2012
New York, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did call him last week. he says he is having difficulty getting parts. I asked him if he can salvage one for the other and do the best he can. With Tesoro being out of business he is my last hope so lets see what he can do. I will just wait.

OP
OP
Joeyboots

Joeyboots

Jan 22, 2012
New York, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UPDATE on East Texas Metal Detectors- Just received a call my detectors were repaired and made water tight. Sure took a long time but East Texas came thru. Paid and will be sent my units. Glad someone is willing to repair Tesoros. Took time but for me worth the wait. :hello2:
Thank You Keith Wills

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2022
Isla Mujeres, Mexico
Detector(s) used
Tesoso Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Joe,

What do you consider a long time?

I sent East Texas Metal Detectors my Tesoro Sand Shark in July and started calling him in September. Business phone only rings busy and cellphone mailbox is full. I leave in two weeks for winter detecting in Mexico and planned on taking this unit.

Concerned

OP
OP
Joeyboots

Joeyboots

Jan 22, 2012
New York, NY
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Joe,

What do you consider a long time?

I sent East Texas Metal Detectors my Tesoro Sand Shark in July and started calling him in September. Business phone only rings busy and cellphone mailbox is full. I leave in two weeks for winter detecting in Mexico and planned on taking this unit.

Concerned
It took almost a year for him to complete the work. All I can say is try to be patient, do not loose faith. I am happy with the work he performed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread