Eastside of the Panamint Mnts

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
Anyone doing anything on the eastside of the Panamint Mnts?
I have a lead on a very large and very deep cavern in that area..
An Old Timer told me, That It went back so far, and, was so large, that it scared him!
He never got a chance to go back.... :'(
Me n' Bugs are heading out there on this trip !

FireCkrEd

Greenie
Nov 2, 2006
Harbor City California
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Panamints are awesome ! lots of minerals there. Iv'e visited Panamint City twice and loved it. How did your trip go ?

Ed

OP
cptbil

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
I haven't made YET!
I am due in New Mexico, First !
Then!
I hope to beable to head up that way ...
OOps!
I just got a call, a friend wants me to do bring my portable drill, & do some core drilling, South of Tucson, for him !
Also,
I am scheduled, Jan 10th, to see about a possible recovery of a LARGE!
Spanish Silver Cache in So. AZ. !
I hope to make it yet!

FireCkrEd

Greenie
Nov 2, 2006
Harbor City California
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For the past year Iv'e been reading and learning about Spanish treasure signs, Good luck to ya ! Iv'e been trying to get my Wife out to the desert to check out a few spots I know of...

Ed

FireCkrEd

Greenie
Nov 2, 2006
Harbor City California
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I drove out to the mojave desert last Sunday after Church and didnt make it to the spot I wanted to go till dark :( so I didnt get to see the signs I needed to get pics of ... put 450 miles on my car though !!!! Man I was tired at work the next day.... the family was tired too....

Ed

S

sb855

Hello all, just for info. You will also find a anphibous plane on a steep hillside of the Panamints. (twin engine radial, seaplane, HU-16 or SU-16 Albatross). It went down because of a engine failure at night. The crew parachuted safely. The plane is still there. It was on a routine flight from Mt. Home Idaho to Pt. Magu? I have seen recent pics. and it is still in fair shape with engines etc. still there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Simplex Metal Detector