Ebay and Coinstar

ringding

May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505
Well, I took the plunge and signed up for an Ebay seller account. What a pain in the neck. They wanted credit card AND checking account routing number. There was no way I was going to give them my primary checking account number. I might wake up one day and find it empty. I opened up a new checking account at a different bank just for ebay. My first sale is for a roll of 40% silver halves.

I also did the coinstar thing today. I took a bag of halves and got $50 ecard for amazon.com (no fee) and $100 ecard for eddie bauer (no fee). BTW, coinstar rejected lots of the half dollars. It seemed like it kicked out about every other coin.

I went to amazon.com and what was cool was I was able to find some books and dvd's that you can't get around here. What I didn't like was it was hard to figure out what your balance was as you bought things. They didn't give you a running total that included tax and shipping. You kinda had to do your best guessing and wait until the final submission before you knew want the total total would be. I did have to eliminate one item. When I was done I had $3.60 left over that can be applied if I turn more coins in at coinstar, or buy an item that cost less than $3.60 after shipping and tax.

I haven't gone to the eddie bauer website yet. Hopefully the shopping thing will be a little more user friendly even though it wasn't too bad at amazon.

OP
OP
R

ringding

May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505
Well, some people finally bid on my coins on Ebay. I was getting worried. For a while there the first bid was only 99 cents for a roll of half dollars. lol. That guy would have got a bargain.

OP
OP
R

ringding

May 5, 2006
Detector(s) used
Pioneer 505
I sold one roll for $28 and another for $30. Not bad, eh?

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Congratulations Ringding. I have a paypal account, but haven't used it to sell yet. Don't know if I will need to have extra pains to do so, or if my paypal account is ready to go with Ebay. Will find out soon with my lucky so far $60+ in 40%.

Great to hear results like yours on the sale. It looks like to me from my following of prices over the last few weeks / months that perhaps I am better off making its one whole lot. Seems that peps will bid more when they are getting much more. It makes sound sense if the S/H is reasonable.

Postalrevnant

desecrator

Jul 7, 2006
Jamestown, NY
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Hmm, I returned $180 in halves to a coinstar and it didn't reject even one.

I did, however, get pulled over and surrounded by three cop cars while leaving the store. Apparently a nearby store had been robbed of its change and coinstar opperators were told to report any large change returns. The cops were dicks, but I had the receipt that said all coins were halves, and that's not what was stolen. First time I've been pulled over for coin roll hunting...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread