Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Glad to hear it was resolved in your favor. I used to sell on eBay for years. Spent a lot of time for that 100% positive feedback.
Way too stressful to make it worth it.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ebay has sucked big time since they made it impossible for members to communicate with each other and began demanding paypal payments. We used to be able to warn other buyers the item they were bidding on was fake, now we can't communicate at all. Back when they first started the paypal crap I bought a lapidary saw for $900 and I paid with a postal money order as I was accustomed to. I never got the saw, went to ebay for a refund only to be told the ebay "buyer's protection" policy did not apply because I did not pay via paypal. Lost a quick $900 with no recourse.

Force_of_Iron

Aug 19, 2019
Formerly Ohio, now south
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Know off Subject, But since You got it Resolved :hello2: Good for you :icon_thumleft:

as a Buyer This Upsets Me

Ordered a Book on the 12th.

View attachment 1842390

Because it was a Friday, I Understand the 15th

View attachment 1842391

But it Takes 3-4 days in the same Shipping Facility ?

For all I know it's Still sitting there till closer to the 23 rd ?

Needless to say I'm Considering Giving the Seller a Poor Rating on Shipping For choosing UPS Mail inovations

That's not too bad. I had a package a few weeks ago sit over two weeks in a facility farther away from me than the original shipping point by a large margin. It happens! My package did arrive eventually but it took awhile

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's not too bad. I had a package a few weeks ago sit over two weeks in a facility farther away from me than the original shipping point by a large margin. It happens! My package did arrive eventually but it took awhile

Last location was Philly.

Now this:
Hello Bloodyboook,
Your package is moving within the USPS network and is on track to be delivered the expected delivery date. It is currently in transit to the next facility.
Expected delivery date now is Tuesday 23. it was Saturday 20th. :(

I'm used to a 3 to 4 Day wait. not 11
especially when it's a neighboring state.
imo it sat entirely too long in new jersey,

then UPS Gave it to USPS in Philly. and it's sittin' there

Last edited:

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have any of you seen this? Six ebay employees busted by the feds for cyber terrorizing a couple in Natick, MA who wrote disparaging things about ebay in their online blog. Totally over the top and very troubling.

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
white's BeachHunter 300/DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did a lookup and no results. I want to see his feedback.

When I tried to block him I got an "Invalid User Id" maybe he is gone.

Any time someone posts bad sellers/buyers I block them.

Nope just looked him up again he still there

Milspec6

Jun 22, 2020
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A couple of things:

First, ebay shot themselves in the foot several years ago when they made it a corporate policy to always side with the buyer instead of the seller. They felt that change would give buyers confidence that all sells would be without risk, but it only created a class of buyers that learned to abuse the system. I have been burned many times as the seller, but it remains a good place to be the buyer.

Second, a little heads up on shipping companies. All carriers have a bad track record of damaging things, FedEx and UPS have both managed to drive forklifts through a couple of guitar amplifiers for me and one (a 1947 Epiphone Century) even had a size 12 boot print on the side of the box, so ALWAYS pack things accordingly. Also, if you live in the rural areas, even if you ship UPS or FedEX, they often turn it over to USPS to deliver the last leg of the trip to save money so your package will still be handled by USPS as well.

Last, due to both the covid-19 restrictions and the protests in some areas, shipping is being delayed with all carriers. I am a letter carrier for USPS and have seen long delays in NJ, Michigan, and Washington areas for the past 3 weeks. Seeing something seat for days at any of those areas is not a surprise...especially NJ for some reason.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just shipped a priority padded bag. The label says 2-day. At 10AM I handed it to the counter guy in the PO and he scanned it. I check progress and it is scheduled to arrive on the fourth day.

Why even lie on the label? Just say we will get it to you as fast as we feel like.

I always let them track and send messages to my cell.

OP
OP
C

cheech

May 6, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
white's BeachHunter 300/DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still can't find Orange_2585
I use advanced search and ONLY SHOW ITEM FROM. Is there a different method?

I do it off my phone and just type in his name and it pops up where it says search for a user IMG_2492.png

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
I'm just going to drop this rant here instead of starting a separate thread. Just recently, I was subjected to theft by eBay siding with a buyer. The theft is in additional value over the intrinsic precious metal content. I had a .999 fine Olympic medallion set (Sapporo Winter games XI). Really nice set that has been in my family for 40+ years. For whatever reason, one of the medallions naturally toned while the others didn't. This one was a deep cobalt blue tone. A really nice specimen. Now, toning is technically oxidation of the silver surface, but there are collectors that pay a premium for it. The set received aggressive bidding over and above the current melt value. Sent it out and the buyer wants a refund saying the coin was oxidized. :icon_scratch: Alright, I didn't misrepresent the medal and specifically photographed it separate from the rest of the set to bring attention to it's unique toning. But whatever, told him to send me photos. This newb sent me photos of not how the set was sent to him, but rather after his efforts to remove the toning. The medal is ruined by his novice effort to polish away the toning. I contested his reasoning pointing out the photograph and description along with the photos that he provided that didn't match the medal in question. Told eBay that I would accept a refund on the terms of only the current melt value of the set being issued and any additional value over the melt value the buyer would forfeit as they damaged the set by their cleaning. eBay never followed up with me. A few days later, eBay issued a shipping label to the buyer from my account. Once the tracking showed that the parcel was returned, eBay issued the full refund to the buyer. Nevermind that the buyer could have sent back a bag of rocks with the shipping label. No approval on my part confirming the set was sent back in the parcel. Pissed off. As a seller, my eBay invoice each month ranges from $200-$300. eBay even with evidence that the buyer was at fault sides with a buyer potentially damaging the eBay/seller relationship.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Remember the days of old when Ebay favored sellers? I lost $165 on an item I purchased but never received. This was before PayPal and like a dummy I paid with a money order. Ebay had an online moderator and would cover a small fraction of the loss. Was a joke.

This was way back in the dial-up days.

Treasure Hunting NM

Sep 10, 2019
Albuquerque, NM
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to hear it was resolved in your favor. I used to sell on eBay for years. Spent a lot of time for that 100% positive feedback.
Way too stressful to make it worth it.
I could care less what my feedback is as it doesn't affect my sales or isn't used to calculate anything on the website. When I first started selling on there I had a buyer called CVS_sportscards and they bought a item from me and begged me to upgrade to priority mail which I did for free. Person got the card fast and posted negative feedback on my account and said the card was damaged which it wasn't and they never filed a complaint to send it back to get a refund. I didn't know anything was up until I saw the negative feedback saying to avoid me. I asked why he didn't contact me about returning the item. Then they turned around and bid on another auction of mine and I realized the shipping address to them was the same so I cancelled the auction and refused to send the item to them so then they hit me with another negative claiming I cancelled the transaction because I wanted more money then what it sold for. I filed a complaint with Ebay about being slammed twice by the same person with 2 different Ebay accounts and Ebay said they would do absolutely nothing about it. That pretty much told me how legitimate the feedback system was and I have never looked at my feedback again and could care less what it says. It hasn't affected my selling in any way and I am still selling lots of items on there and making money.

CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We sell something or other every day on eBay...usually a few things. They are not as seller-friendly like years ago, but they are much better than Amazon, where they allow returns for any reason at almost any time, and they authorize the return, not the seller.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I sent out a poster the other day and a day later after they received it he sent me a message stating that it was damaged during shipping that the poster tube was bent in half and the poster was bent in half so I asked him if he could send me a photo of the damaged item and I got no reply for a week next thing I know he open a case to return it that the item was damaged and he would like to turn it to the seller so I called eBay to explain to them that I requested photos and he did not reply and they were siding on his side saying that I had no choice so I asked to talk to a supervisor and they told me there was not one available that they would call me back in 24 to 48 hours as of today I’ve asked him three other times to send photos because the package was insured and I could send the photos to the post office still no reply
Ebay isn't what it used to be. My better half had over 4000 sells there but it got to where not worth effort for her.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread