Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 2
White's classic 3sl
Garrett Infinium
Garrett pro pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow!! I'm speechless. What's left??? Basket weaving maybe. Congrats, that is a find of a lifetime!!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I forgot BANNER BANNER BANNER I would almost sell my soul for one of those what an amazing piece of history well done

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now they are going to hoard the hoard well that's what I hoard

vpone

Bronze Member
May 1, 2007
central pa
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, 11" & 15" coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yeah those are incredible - congrats!

vp

Fritos56

Apr 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, what great finds. Do you get to keep them or do you have to turn them in given their historical value? Been watching mud lark videos on Youtube, and you folks over in England, Scotland and Wales are so lucky to be able to find amazing stuff like this.

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All......today turned out to be the best days detecting so far this year, went back to one of my favourite Fields and was met with a glorious sight :o ploughed and rolled :thumbsup: this is the Field that produced the Celtic Brooch that made the banner, it's also given up Roman Brooches and coins, and Silver hammered :o parts of the field can be very queit and it was on this part that the first coin came up a half groat of :icon_king:Edward111 as you can imagine I was thrilled to bits but as I walked forward a couple of steps I picked up a faint but positive signal I dug down and out popped two not one but two Groats again :icon_king:Edward111 now my hart was racing and I new I was on a hoard or purse spill :o what seemed like an age but was probably only a couple of minutes went by and another half groat with a fresh piece missing from the top made an appearance (I later found the missing piece) I went on to recover four more groats and one outher half groat, there is a good chance of more coming of especially when the ground settles down a bit more :thumbsup: any way hear's the pictures TK :thumbsup:
Congratulations on your major accomplishment..well done

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread