EE series $75 bonds

Oct 1, 2018
Western PA, Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, all. I figured the paper currency threa was best for this, but let me know if I should ask elsewhere. I inherited a whole bunch of EE series $75 bonds from the 1980s. I don't really know how to cash them in, though. The treasury dept says either doing a bunch of paper work and sending it to them or going to a bank. The problem is, I have no idea which bank to go to. Does any body know which would be the best bank to get them cashed? Preferably without needing an account.

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

best way is convert to Electronic or digital via Treasury and then you can cash them via deposits right into your bank account. As I recall, any 'National' bank used to have to cash them. That works if your name is on them or your listed as beneficiary on bond. If you are not then you may have to prove you are the rightful owner. Remember you are dealing with the Fed here and not Barney Fiff Bank. I converted my series I bonds over long ago, that I was buying at work via payroll deductions. They have payed out well when I needed quick cash etc. You will need to setup an account at site I gave you, then you send them your bonds, they digitalize for you, and then ready to cash when you are - direct deposit into your bank acct.
Good luck!

more info for bank cashing routine:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go to the bank, tell them you want to open an account, and cash in the bonds to deposit them,then you can withdraw the funds whenever you want

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread