🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THE ARIZONA GAZETTE of April 5th, 1909

Egyptian tomb in the Grand Canyon

http://www.spiritofmaat.com/archive/nov2/gazette.htm

Archeological Coverup
much of the area on the north side of the canyon has Egyptian names. The area around Ninety-four Mile Creek and Trinity Creek had areas (rock formations, apparently) with names like Tower of Set, Tower of Ra, Horus Temple, Osiris Temple, and Isis Temple. In the Haunted Canyon area were such names as the Cheops Pyramid, the Buddha Cloister, Buddha Temple, Manu Temple and Shiva Temple. Was there any relationship between these places and the alleged Egyptian discoveries in the Grand Canyon?

this entire area with the Egyptian and Hindu place names in the Grand Canyon is a forbidden zone - today, this area is curiously off-limits to all hikers and even, in large part, park personnel.

The Smithsonian's Board of Regents still refuses to open its meetings to the news media or the public. If Americans were ever allowed inside the 'nation's attic', as the Smithsonian has been called, what skeletons might they find?

http://paranormal.about.com/gi/dyna...cities.com/TheTropics/Lagoon/1345/Canyon.html

DanB

Oct 23, 2007
wow...if this is true....then I guess we should reconsider who discovered America first......might have to have a look.....recon...(off the record). that's in by "back yard"........that whole area is national park and res land.......HMMMMMMmmmmmmmm...Like they say JUST Don't get caught....

there is a chance that the story could be true, because of the remoteness the area.......very harsh and desolate.

db

maui

Dec 3, 2007
maui, hawaii
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow, really interesting. is haunted canyon completely off limits? thanks. ron

paratrooper

Sep 20, 2004
Kingman AZ
Maybe I can help . I was a tour guide at The Grand Canyon . Both at The South Rim and Grand Canyon West . John Wesley Powell led the expedition down the Colorado to find out , once and for all , just where did it go . As a side note on the tour but it seems relevant here Powell was intrigued by the middle east and India as well. As he discovered (not according to the Indians though) unique formations he was allowed to name them . Some names just seemed "to happen". The fella with his head sticking out the front of the lead boat was trying to see bottom before they ran aground . The water is VERY silty . Another side note : the water ON A GOOD DAY is only barely clear for about the top foot or so . But I digress . As they went downstream he was constantly asked "Do you see anything ?" His answer was "No , it's a dirty devil ." When they crossed the junction of the Colorado and clear water coming from the North Rim he yelled "It's a Bright Angel." This was of course the antithesis of Dirty Devil . To this day there is a Bright Angel Trail , Bright Angel Lodge and a plethora of other things carrying that title .
As you look at the Canyon you might notice a plateau with a peak on top . This is Vishnu Temple . Another name from the other side of the world . The best for last . As a cartography crew came through mapping the area the boss and resident tough guy looked at a mountain and pointed . To make sure the fella drawing the landscape did not miss it he said (with a strong German accent) "See der mountain." The fella dutifully noted that it would be called Cedar Mountain . There are NO cedar trees there or anywhere near there . He just didn't want to argue with the boss .Any questions about the Canyon feel free to let me know . If I know , you will also know . If I DON'T know , I'll tell you that also and try to find out .

paratrooper

Sep 20, 2004
Kingman AZ
pippinwhitepaws said:
:icon_jokercolor:

what happened to bessie and glenn?

One of the most enduring mysteries in the recent Canyon history .No bodies ever found , the scow is still missing and there is nothing that even indicates how far they got before tragedy struck . On an up note , if I spot them you'll be the first to know .

JamesE

Here's one outside of Beatty , NV. :wink: ::)

Attachments

• womps and power packs 188.jpg
    womps and power packs 188.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 10,122

cptbild

Oct 3, 2005
NM/AZ/CA/Co/Utah & P.I. Tx.
"BOY" :wink:
All of this interest, :D
&
Still!
No one! has expressed an interest,
&/or!
Asked to go out there with "Doc" & I ! :icon_scratch:

Post some Pictures!
You say
HECK!
I can GUARANTEE YOU? :tard:
Uncle Sam will have them removed
Before the "Ink" has dried :tongue3:
&
If you don't believe that! :o
Then!
Just What happened RIGHT HERE!
About The West Texas Gun Cache :-\

Wizzard

May 3, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
Detector(s) used
MineLab Quattro
Here's some more 'stories' to explorefrom Paranormal Phenomena :wink:

Ancient Ruins

Egyptian ruins in Grand Canyon
Was there an ancient civilization beneath Death Valley?
Enigmatic Stone Forts of the American Midwest
The Rock Lake Pyramids of Wisconsin
Found: The lost Pyramids of Rock Lake
Who built these chambers?
Ancient mud structures in Colorado
Did Irish monks build this New England chamber circa 700 AD?
Standing-stone cluster in eastern Massachusetts
Who built the East Bay walls?
The stone enigmas of New England

cptbild

Oct 3, 2005
NM/AZ/CA/Co/Utah & P.I. Tx.
Wizard,

You know ?
I can't for the life of me, figure out, :icon_scratch:
Why, That,
With all of these Mysterious sites :o right here in The U.S.!
Why haven't more people gone out to investigate them ?

I'd like to add, a couple of these, that are on your list, :tongue3:
Are!
Also on our "list" (for this year)

P

pippinwhitepaws

JamesE said:
Here's one outside of Beatty , NV. :wink: ::)

:sign10:

see now i would call that open pit mining...perhaps a road right of way...

perception is not equal...i think i will drive up to tuba city and look for pyramids and obelisks

Wizzard

May 3, 2006
Phoenix, Arizona
Detector(s) used
MineLab Quattro
Sorry captbild, my post was made with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek.

In other words, the idea of Egyptian tombs in the Grand Canyon is total horsefeathers IMNSHO.

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
Wizard
Is your "post" made with any of sort evidentice :thumbsup:
Or!
Is it all an "Assumption" :-\

Hey!
I want to be "Fair"
Since you're right there in Arizona
How about meeting "Doc & I", and giving "us" a hand in finding an entrance ???

P

pippinwhitepaws

just came baqck from the grand canyon...all i saw was a traffic accident.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread