Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have proclaimed myself Employee of the Decade and designated today as me appreciation day. Thank you self, for all you do to prevent this place from turning into a circus of chaos and disorganization. (At least on the overnights) I ain't goin in and work an extra night tonight. For today, cost of gas, $30. Cost of pay for not working a minimum of 12 hrs. straight OT, $424.00. Cost of living in the mountains, being outdoors, catching fish, and watching the moose, priceless.
7-7b.jpg
7-7c.jpg
7-7d.jpg
7-7e.jpg
7-7f.jpg

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have proclaimed myself Employee of the Decade and designated today as me appreciation day. Thank you self, for all you do to prevent this place from turning into a circus of chaos and disorganization. (At least on the overnights) I ain't goin in and work an extra night tonight. For today, cost of gas, $30. Cost of pay for not working a minimum of 12 hrs. straight OT, $424.00. Cost of living in the mountains, being outdoors, catching fish, and watching the moose, priceless. View attachment 2035517 View attachment 2035518 View attachment 2035519 View attachment 2035520 View attachment 2035521
You are living large. Looks like you have the place to yourself ( except for the moose. ) Take the rest of the day off.

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pick another day brother. Today is national Boogeyman day. That & about $3 might get me a cup of coffee minus tax!
Too late, I've already started. Course I could say this one turned out to be already taken, so I got to re-schedule for next week, haha!

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots more people there than you see, Kray, I just kept them out of the pic. Cottonwood Lake, up towards Independence Pass, west of Buena Vista, CO. Non-motorized lake so lots of kayakers and SUP'ers. I like this place as I can catch fish finally there, it's one of the few places I go where I sometimes see girls in bikinis, and the crowd is well behaved. I worked as a Park Ranger in Oklahoma for 7 years, and every weekend was one big beer party at the lake, and some of the trashiest people you ever saw.

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have proclaimed myself Employee of the Decade and designated today as me appreciation day. Thank you self, for all you do to prevent this place from turning into a circus of chaos and disorganization. (At least on the overnights) I ain't goin in and work an extra night tonight. For today, cost of gas, $30. Cost of pay for not working a minimum of 12 hrs. straight OT, $424.00. Cost of living in the mountains, being outdoors, catching fish, and watching the moose, priceless. View attachment 2035517 View attachment 2035518 View attachment 2035519 View attachment 2035520 View attachment 2035521
cool pics the fish shots make me hungry, cornmeal and lemon juice yummer oh and congrats on the reception of such a prestigious award!

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's so beautiful, I'd have a hard time ever making it in to work. 😄

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Lots more people there than you see, Kray, I just kept them out of the pic. Cottonwood Lake, up towards Independence Pass, west of Buena Vista, CO. Non-motorized lake so lots of kayakers and SUP'ers. I like this place as I can catch fish finally there, it's one of the few places I go where I sometimes see girls in bikinis, and the crowd is well behaved. I worked as a Park Ranger in Oklahoma for 7 years, and every weekend was one big beer party at the lake, and some of the trashiest people you ever saw.
Hecla Junction, take first dirt road to right and go until just before gated area (like 500 yards) used to be a nice area for purple agate very swirly stuff haven't been out Chaffee county for years man its nice there

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I know where you're talking about Scrounge Wanderer. I haven't been back to Hecla since that campground went all reservation. I had to make that up and give myself that award. Cause just like everything else at work, if I don't do it, it probably won't get done, haha!

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yeah I know where you're talking about Scrounge Wanderer. I haven't been back to Hecla since that campground went all reservation. I had to make that up and give myself that award. Cause just like everything else at work, if I don't do it, it probably won't get done, haha!
dang hecla went all commercial go figure internet ruins all the best sites..lol. I do need to cruise through chaffee again though mushroom gulch is cool

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey, I say you came out ahead! Some things cannot have a price put on them, and your day is the perfect example!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread