Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every year I like to go to a park about 90 miles from home to do an end of year cleanup. This park is detected constantly because the park manager allows campers to detect during the summer from 6 am to 9 am which is not the case in most other state parks. And of course the day after Labor Day you may detect all day. The park is heavily used and when I have been there during the summer camping there are always good finds. But at this time of year before they put up the NO SWIMMING signs and keep you out of the water I cleanup the leftovers.

I spent 9 hours swingin the ATPro in the 2 swimming areas of the park. Most of the large targets had already been cleaned up, but the weather has been good so some new contributions were found as well as all the small stuff that others missed or were unable to get in their scoops. I only found 13 coins with a face value of $1.22, but there was a ton of earrings. All together 4 rings (a tungsten carbide ring, a stainless infinity ring, 2 broken rings), 8 silver earrings with fake stones, 2 silver earring backs, 2 14k earrings, a 14k pendant, a 14k shell earring without a post, a 10k pendant bale, selfie stick retainers (possibly from extendable handles on nets sold at the camp store that kids use to try and catch minnows), a key, tabs, pellet gun pellets, sinkers, a fishing swivel, earring backs, a bunch of cheapie earrings, a couple of pendants, a bracelet marked 14KB, and of course foil and some screws, bolts and hair pins (large ferrous targets are scooped because they mask smaller better targets).

B364828B-A7D9-4E7E-853C-9FD81F59E286.jpeg

7B3508E2-CF37-4921-84B5-4580D4CC1214.jpeg

The bracelet looked good coming out of the water, but on closer inspection it is definitely not gold. A magnet gets it to react slightly, but it will not hold it. The large earring back is unusually large and the small one is the smallest I have ever found. It’s about the same size as cudamark’s Tiniest silver I've ever found. The little heart is an earring missing the post and it looks like it might be silver as well, but I didn’t count it because I am not sure.

38B2B92A-1898-46E0-8193-AB5C845283D9.jpeg

A31B1E0E-8C87-4AE8-8E11-4782E8BA25BE.jpeg

5CC7D9E3-AB18-41A6-A3AC-924A4D603D41.jpeg

F4A9F749-37CF-4DBB-B624-672AB981C588.jpeg

So a good day’s haul from the lake. Nothing big or great, but a nice little pile of gold and silver to sweeten the gold and silver count for the year, a lot of fresh air, exercise and fun. Life is good.

I also got back to the sport complex and did some swingin with the CZ21. In 4.5 hours I found 85 coins with a face value of $6.80, the cap from a screwdriver that had bits stored in the handle, a fishing sinker (they’re everywhere), a brass ring from a copper tube compression fitting, a nice spinner in good shape, buried aluminum cans, tabs and tennis ball can lids again.

ED965EB7-3A79-4835-916D-6FAB0A00284D.jpeg

Nothing special on this hunt, but more fresh air, exercise, and clad for the pile to pay for gas and batteries. The lake hunt was the winner this time. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.

Upvote 20

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every year I like to go to a park about 90 miles from home to do an end of year cleanup. This park is detected constantly because the park manager allows campers to detect during the summer from 6 am to 9 am which is not the case in most other state parks. And of course the day after Labor Day you may detect all day. The park is heavily used and when I have been there during the summer camping there are always good finds. But at this time of year before they put up the NO SWIMMING signs and keep you out of the water I cleanup the leftovers.

I spent 9 hours swingin the ATPro in the 2 swimming areas of the park. Most of the large targets had already been cleaned up, but the weather has been good so some new contributions were found as well as all the small stuff that others missed or were unable to get in their scoops. I only found 13 coins with a face value of $1.22, but there was a ton of earrings. All together 4 rings (a tungsten carbide ring, a stainless infinity ring, 2 broken rings), 8 silver earrings with fake stones, 2 silver earring backs, 2 14k earrings, a 14k pendant, a 14k shell earring without a post, a 10k pendant bale, selfie stick retainers (possibly from extendable handles on nets sold at the camp store that kids use to try and catch minnows), a key, tabs, pellet gun pellets, sinkers, a fishing swivel, earring backs, a bunch of cheapie earrings, a couple of pendants, a bracelet marked 14KB, and of course foil and some screws, bolts and hair pins (large ferrous targets are scooped because they mask smaller better targets).

View attachment 1982875

View attachment 1982876

The bracelet looked good coming out of the water, but on closer inspection it is definitely not gold. A magnet gets it to react slightly, but it will not hold it. The large earring back is unusually large and the small one is the smallest I have ever found. It’s about the same size as cudamark’s Tiniest silver I've ever found. The little heart is an earring missing the post and it looks like it might be silver as well, but I didn’t count it because I am not sure.

View attachment 1982877
View attachment 1982878

View attachment 1982879

View attachment 1982880

So a good day’s haul from the lake. Nothing big or great, but a nice little pile of gold and silver to sweeten the gold and silver count for the year, a lot of fresh air, exercise and fun. Life is good.

I also got back to the sport complex and did some swingin with the CZ21. In 4.5 hours I found 85 coins with a face value of $6.80, the cap from a screwdriver that had bits stored in the handle, a fishing sinker (they’re everywhere), a brass ring from a copper tube compression fitting, a nice spinner in good shape, buried aluminum cans, tabs and tennis ball can lids again.

View attachment 1982881

Nothing special on this hunt, but more fresh air, exercise, and clad for the pile to pay for gas and batteries. The lake hunt was the winner this time. Thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.
Beautiful recoveries..congratulations

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 1982875

View attachment 1982876

View attachment 1982877
View attachment 1982878

View attachment 1982879

View attachment 1982880

View attachment 1982881

Very Nice!!!! Congrats!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread