England, Day 5

iAmMike

Oct 31, 2021
North Georgia, USA
Detector(s) used
MineLab Equinox 800, Manticore
Hi guys, So my internet connection at my hotel sucks so I'm going to try to keep posting but I'll hold off on answering commments until I return.

Day 5 was a blast and it ended with a bang... A beautiful hammered Long Cross, I want' to say King Edward. 6 copper coins as well; so much fun!

20220928_193357.jpg

Upvote 25

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys, So my internet connection at my hotel sucks so I'm going to try to keep posting but I'll hold off on answering commments until I return.

Day 5 was a blast and it ended with a bang... A beautiful hammered Long Cross, I want' to say King Edward. 6 copper coins as well; so much fun!

View attachment 2048387
Awesome
Congratulations on your beautiful accomplishment

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 2048387
That does look like a mouth harp...I think those can date back at least to the 19th century....now I'll have to look that up :)

Looks like you are in the right area for your finds...what part of England are you in?

Thanks for sharing 😊

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeap, looks like Ed I, hopefully a mint other than London or Canterbury, although whatever, it looks in good shape. Congrats
I hope you gridding good areas.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 2048387
Very Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

OP
OP
iAmMike

iAmMike

Oct 31, 2021
North Georgia, USA
Detector(s) used
Yeap, looks like Ed I, hopefully a mint other than London or Canterbury, although whatever, it looks in good shape. Congrats
I hope you gridding good areas.:thumbsup:
Yeah I believe it is an Edward the 1st (big ears) and is great condition if you ask me. Here is the back . I'm not finding this exact design on numista.
20220928_183648 - Copy.jpg

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I believe it is an Edward the 1st (big ears) and is great condition if you ask me. Here is the back . I'm not finding this exact design on numista.
View attachment 2048906
Man, you got lucky, odds were you should have got a London, second place Canterbury. You just filled in one of the harder mints to find;
VILL SCI EDMVNDI = Bury St Edmunds - CONGRATS

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing finds thanks for showing us :)

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeap 18th-19th C, we tend to call them 'Jaw' Harps now.
The name “Jew's harp” is now considered offensive by many, particularly because the instrument has no special connection to the Jewish people or Judaism. It is known by a wide variety of other names, including jaw harp, mouth harp, Ozark harp and trump harp.

OP
OP
iAmMike

iAmMike

Oct 31, 2021
North Georgia, USA
Detector(s) used
Man, you got lucky, odds were you should have got a London, second place Canterbury. You just filled in one of the harder mints to find;
VILL SCI EDMVNDI = Bury St Edmunds - CONGRATS
Haha, awesome! Thanks Crusader for decoding it for me. Any idea on what year these were minted?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread