England Day 6, 7, & Summary

iAmMike

Oct 31, 2021
North Georgia, USA
Detector(s) used
MineLab Equinox 800, Manticore
Hi guys. I wanted to post a few days ago but my hotel internet was so slow it made doing this quite a chore. But now that I'm back in the states I can share my finds from the last few days I was detecting in Essex UK.

ON Day 6, I did find a silver hammered but completely wiped. I believe the going term for these is a 'slick willy'. Nonetheless I was quite happy. I got quite a few copper coins too and descent buckle.

20220929_193034.jpg

Day 7 was kind of slow. I didn't find a single thing in the morning. The afternoon picked up a bit and along with the usual greenies I was lucky enough to get a Saxon relic - a Saxon horse cheek harness buckle.

20220930_190510.jpg

I had a blast on my 7 day England detecting adventure and would recommended any serious detectorist give it a try. All in all, I found around 35 old copper coins one of which is a possible roman, 3 hammered silver coins including an King Edward I long cross, a cut short cross, and slick willie, 2 milled silver coins, loads of buttons, an item that may or may not be a sword hanger (Crusader thinks it's a horse gag), a Saxon buckle and numerous do-dads and relics.

20220930_193726.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Upvote 31
OP
OP
iAmMike

iAmMike

Oct 31, 2021
North Georgia, USA
Detector(s) used
After the person prepares the pouch the export paperwork will be forwarded/picked up by the finder.
Each find will be described.
Here's one of my papers.
View attachment 2049049 Wow, looks like you did well for yourself back in 2014. I can't wait to get it all back. Thanks for the info!

OP
OP
iAmMike

iAmMike

Oct 31, 2021
North Georgia, USA
Detector(s) used
I'm 100% sure its a Will III sixpence very worn & it is a love token bent in different directions & NOT damaged by ploughing action. I have a fist full of them, I know what I'm looking at.
I don't doubt you! Thanks Crusader. I'll take a love token but I am disappointed its not hammered.

Last edited:
OP
OP
iAmMike

iAmMike

Oct 31, 2021
North Georgia, USA
Detector(s) used

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't doubt you! Thanks Crusader. I'll take a love token but I am disappointed its not hammered.
I sort of get you wanted to find hammered, but I would rather have a blank Love Token (has a story/meaning) than a blank hammered that I couldn't ID.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, I'm looking into going on a detecting "holiday' to England next fall.
Any advise or recommendations?
There are several tour leaders out there doing the hunts. Do some research to find the one with the amenities and price you want. I just got back yesterday. I'll post some stuff when I get the chance.

Dave of WI

Greenie
Dec 14, 2020
Northern Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
GPX 6000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are several tour leaders out there doing the hunts. Do some research to find the one with the amenities and price you want. I just got back yesterday. I'll post some stuff when I get the chance.
Thanks cudamark, look forward to seeing your finds.
I'm looking around now for tours, when I get it narrowed down I'll ask for some opinions.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread