Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Anytime I’m stuck in gridlock traffic, I get in the far left lane. I’m convinced if I hang my head out the window enough, someday I’ll find a ring, a watch...anything of value.
Usually it’s a waste of time.
I-75 north, just outside of Ocala FL, it finally happened!!!
I look down, in the rumble strip I see a big shiney. Put it in park, jump out, scrounge the treasure, hand it to wifey. “It’s junk” she says.... I take it back, put my glasses on, flip it over,
I see the magical 14K..... and it’s heavy!
Now it’s been run over a couple times, but .64 ounces of yellow is beautiful to anyone!
Thanks for looking!:hello:
F6C7C759-4E8F-45A6-86BA-42441747709C.jpeg

Upvote 48

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Anytime I’m stuck in gridlock traffic, I get in the far left lane. I’m convinced if I hang my head out the window enough, someday I’ll find a ring, a watch...anything of value.
I look down, in the rumble strip I see a big shiney. Put it in park, jump out, scrounge the treasure, hand it to wifey. “It’s junk” she says.... I take it back, put my glasses on, flip it over,
Now it’s been run over a couple times, but .64 ounces of yellow is beautiful to anyone!
View attachment 2019268
way cool, pays to pay attention (unless your wife says it's junk)

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find and it looks to be in pretty good shape.

Years ago, I was working as a deputy and was walking back to my patrol car after a traffic stop and found a gold band in the middle of the road. It had been run over a hundred times I bet - but was still made of gold! It's always nice to come home with some street gold.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 2019268
Very Nice!!!! Great eye!!! Congrats!!!

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
View attachment 2019268
Its religious too, think of the implications....lol. Nice work! Reminds me of being on beltway stuck in traffic in Northern Virginia once..saw a frightened kitten stuck in the sewer on the metro (middle) part of median on I-66 while I was scanning the storm grates for goodies but couldn't stop because of traffic. Always wondered if the little feller made it out safe. Keep finding the 'commute goods' and rescue any kittens you may see :). Thanks for posting.

Last edited:

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats really awesome Big Wave. I would love to eyeball $720 just outside the drivers seat. Congrats to you sir. Now your only about halfway to buying a Deus II lol

Michael Brandes

Apr 3, 2019
Chickasha, OK
Detector(s) used
Land Ranger Pro, Fisher TW-6 2 box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 2019268
I do the same thing. I found a $20 bill
I was going through tole booth in Oklahoma seen a green bill blowing down the road pulled over jumped out it was only a dollar but 1 day it might be $100.

Bill Farmer

Greenie
Dec 28, 2014
outside of Chicago
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
View attachment 2019268
Back when I lived in northern Illinois, I would always look around the parking lots at shopping and strip malls after a large snowfall had started to melt. I would always find some coins that had been dropped getting into and out of cars. The snow covering on the ground would muffle the sound of the coins bouncing off of the ground, so people were not aware that had dropped the coins. I agree with you. Always keep looking down!

Relicific

Silver Member
Feb 2, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
X terra 705
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I think I’ll start looking at the curb when I’m stuck in traffic too.

kobo

Greenie
Nov 25, 2007
Alabama Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Sovereign GT, Sand Shark, Garrett GTI 1500
View attachment 2019268
I been detecting for well over 40 years. I was always told that the best Discriminator is your eyes. Over the years I’ve found quite a few items that my eyes saw before my detector did. Congratulations. Nice piece.
Now I’ve got to start looking out the car window😁

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions