Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My buddy got himself an Equinox because he "heard" it was good on hunted roman sites. I wouldn't judge a detector without having it used for some time, but here are todays results.
We went to a site we had detected last week but the farmer just started drilling the wheat in. Next choice was a site detected serveral time this winter by us and the competition. I never had spend precious detecting time on this field again without the detector challenge. We tried the main scatter to squeeze out some coins on this ankle breaker. I got out after 1 1/2 hrs with three coins, one a tiny broken one. My buddy had a blank.
With no time to spend for another field we strolled around and we got some other stuff. I managed a broken roman lock nail and the find of the day to confirm the capabilities of the Deus. A bicycle light bulb without the socket. Just the copper wire holding the glow filament. Ok, it was laying just below the surface. I was still impressed.

Coins, lock nail and light bulb
40897357wc.jpg

Other stuff, i picked the fat roman nail from the surface, one of the biggest i spotted.
40897355zr.jpg

Upvote 13

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Westfront,,good job here and well said,

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice!!! Congrats!!! Experience matters!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Better than nothing.
Deus:goldtrophy:

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just got an 800 and I'm not doing very well with it. Learning curve? Doing better with my AT. You're comparing apples to oranges. Bring an experienced 800 operator to your challenge field and see what happens. Gary

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got an 800 and I'm not doing very well with it. Learning curve? Doing better with my AT. You're comparing apples to oranges. Bring an experienced 800 operator to your challenge field and see what happens. Gary
True. However, although the Nox 800 is slightly deeper than my Deus with the 11 inch coil, its more that the field hunters technique wins the day. My secret has always been speed. If I cover an acre whilst digging most signals (not cherry picking) & the Nox user covers 1/2 acre (assuming they copy me & grid, many don't) cherry picking, then I'm going to win every-time, as most finds in ploughed fields are not deep.

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I love my Deus... I love my Deus so much that my wife is jealous. :laughing7:
Dave

OP
OP
Westfront

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I didn't said the Deus always wins. You cant compare someone who has dug thousands of signals with the Deus to one sporting a new bought detector the first outings. Just showed todays finds. I really like to see how the Nox works in experienced hands. As Cru said, digging speed makes more difference than the detector. :occasion14:

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
True. However, although the Nox 800 is slightly deeper than my Deus with the 11 inch coil, its more that the field hunters technique wins the day. My secret has always been speed. If I cover an acre whilst digging most signals (not cherry picking) & the Nox user covers 1/2 acre (assuming they copy me & grid, many don't) cherry picking, then I'm going to win every-time, as most finds in ploughed fields are not deep.

So what do you think is more important, user technique and experience or the machine itself...or both? Gary

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Three of my digging buddies who had an 800 either sold them or made the closet queens. They now all use a Deus and are mildly annoying me due to the added competition, however, a lot of it comes to the operator.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So what do you think is more important, user technique and experience or the machine itself...or both? Gary
Speed & methodology. (which requires a good LIGHT machine)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread