Equinox 600, Legend or Garrett AT Max

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't owned a legend (but i hear good things about them). I have owned both the Equinox 600 and an AT Pro. The Equinox had many advantages over my AT. The Equinox is deeper then the AT too in head to head comparisons in the same soil.

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know you didn't mention the Simplex, but with that SP24 coil, its a lot of fun without hassle. I've got the Legend, the FerroCheck saves my back from digging too much junk. I am very happy with both, much to learn still

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't tried the Legend yet, but, it and the Equinox will work fine on a salt water beach. Forget the AT.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know you didn't mention the Simplex, but with that SP24 coil, its a lot of fun without hassle. I've got the Legend, the FerroCheck saves my back from digging too much junk. I am very happy with both, much to learn still
That's my next purchase, i want a good cheap EDC (everyday carry) to keep in the trunk at all times!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm upgrading from the Vanquish 540, do I purchase the Equinox 600, Legend or AT Max. What's your opinion. I hunt mostly in fields but want to try the beach.
The Equinox 600 is not really an upgrade from the Vanquish 540 - other than the control box is "waterproof." The Garrett AT Pro, is a step down from the Vanquish 540, and does not work well on wet saltwater sand, or in the saltwater. The Nokta Makro Legend gets a saltwater update next week, and is the best value for your dollars. My Youtube Channel is sponsored by Nokta Makro. I own the Legend; Vanquish 540; and just sold my Equinox 800. Good Luck!

Rad1sh

Sep 22, 2019
Olympia, Washington
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex White Coinmaster ( Burghandy)
Garret Ace 250 Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm upgrading from the Vanquish 540, do I purchase the Equinox 600, Legend or AT Max. What's your opinion. I hunt mostly in fields but want to try the beach.
I went from the Vanquish 540 to the Nox 800 and it has been awesome so far. The VID is similar and i was able to upgrade my skills from 5 tones to 50 tones.

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
I’ve owned an ATmax, Nox 600 and 800 but I’ve never had a nokta product but I’ve heard good things about them. The ATmax is horrible on the beach and way too chatty for me on a dry land setting. The Nox 600 is a great machine, easy to use and affordable, the 800 is a good machine too. I just picked up a Deus 2 but I often revert back to my Nox.

Salty

Dec 23, 2015
Coastal South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel the need to weigh in on this one! I had bought an AT Pro a couple of years back and was really disappointed. It did not perform like I hoped and fid not have the depth. I ran it for hours, tried different settings, etc. I was not new to detecting, and even tried watching YouTube videos. I was in western NC at the time and thought I would bring it to the beach with me in South Carolina. That was horrible, it did not like salt. I tried relic hunting with it in SC as well and it still made too much noise and was not fun in my mind to run it. I asked some people about detectors, on of them from a You Tube channel- " Stef Digs". She took her own time to email me back and forth and gave me lots of info and answers. She recommended a Minelab Equinox. OMG! It's a miracle! The best detector I have ever had! It has changed my detecting life! No more salty sand issues, noise, etc. The Nox is the way to go. I bought the Nox 800. And love the wireless headphones. They certainly add to my good experience! GO WITH THE NOX!

OP
OP
Chuck M

Chuck M

Greenie
Dec 6, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel the need to weigh in on this one! I had bought an AT Pro a couple of years back and was really disappointed. It did not perform like I hoped and fid not have the depth. I ran it for hours, tried different settings, etc. I was not new to detecting, and even tried watching YouTube videos. I was in western NC at the time and thought I would bring it to the beach with me in South Carolina. That was horrible, it did not like salt. I tried relic hunting with it in SC as well and it still made too much noise and was not fun in my mind to run it. I asked some people about detectors, on of them from a You Tube channel- " Stef Digs". She took her own time to email me back and forth and gave me lots of info and answers. She recommended a Minelab Equinox. OMG! It's a miracle! The best detector I have ever had! It has changed my detecting life! No more salty sand issues, noise, etc. The Nox is the way to go. I bought the Nox 800. And love the wireless headphones. They certainly add to my good experience! GO WITH THE NOX!
I'm definitely leaning towards the Nox

tometusns

Feb 16, 2013
Carthage, Mo.
Detector(s) used
e-trac, AT pro, XLT Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don’t hunt the beaches but for inland hunting I would get the Legend. My equinox 800 has been on the shelf since trying out the Legend and I don’t see me getting it off any time soon. I own a deus1 that was a back up to my equinox. The equinox 800 is a great machine and it certainly changed the amount of finds I was getting. For over three years I hunted with the Equinox. The Legend after only 31 hours on it has become my go to machine! It has features from the equinox and deus. Good luck and HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread