Equinox 600 settings…diamond ring…trashy area

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello all,

I have been asked to look for a diamond ring in a general grassy area that was lost about 20 years ago in a very high iron area (old, square, rusty nails and metal pipes). using an Equinox 600, I have tried Park 1 in multi, Park 1 in frequency 4, lowering sensitivity…and using the 6 inch coil. I assume it is gold, but am not sure of that. I don’t know what gold sounds like or what number it is but 8’ve been digging any solid hits (more nails LOL). I would love to hear any suggestions you might have! Thanks in advance! Kim

bologna321

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2017
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd say park 2, start sensitivity low, dig all the signals, then increase sensitivity. May want to use FE2 set at 3 then try 2.
That's how I'd do it.

OP
OP
Underwonder

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'd say park 2, start sensitivity low, dig all the signals, then increase sensitivity. May want to use FE2 set at 3 then try 2.
That's how I'd do it.
Thank you for taking the time to make the suggestion! I don’t think you’re full of bologna at all 😉!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread