southern mayland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CPT_GhostLight

Greenie
Jul 21, 2021
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Vanquish 540, & ProFind 35, Whites Prizm 6T, Fisher Gold Bug 2 & F-Pulse
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After doing your GB next to the water, turn on the Tracking Ground Balance and it will adjust as needed automatically.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have an equinox 600.I do mainly beach and shallow water detecting. I usually ground balance and noise cancel next to the water on wet sand.If I move off the beach and into the water should I reground balance it.If so what is the procedure.Is it done with the coil under water.
Anytime you change conditions it is best to do a ground balance if you want maximum performance. The Equinox 600 being a multi-frequency does an outstanding job on its own. It's really not all that necessary.

Great choice on machine by the way!

OP
OP
M

mjb Mike

Feb 10, 2021
southern mayland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks bart.I have a spot on a local beach its brackish water that has produced a lot of old coins. From 10 feet above high tide mark and 15 yards below the low tide line mainly.Ive hit it hard for 3 months now.Ive cleaned it out pretty good still producing coins just not in the numbers as when I started. Most of the hits I get now are smaller and weaker.Use to be hits were hard in all directions now most seam to be weak and only in one direction. I know there's lots more there I think there just deeper or siting on edge.Do you have any suggestions on how to set my machine up to be able to detect them.I pretty much use beach 1 in factory mode no chatter in or out the water. Thanks for any help!!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Making it more sensitive to deeper targets is always a balancing act. Generally, you want to run it as hot as you can, but, still keep it stable. If bottle caps aren't a problem, run the Iron Bias at 0, Recovery speed at 5 or less, and sensitivity up as high as you can stand. You might also try Beach 2 in the water and/or wet sand. Personally, I like Park 1 in the dry sand. To me, it seems the most stable at the higher settings, and I get the best depth too. Sometimes Park 1 can even be used in the wet sand without squawking much. I've never had ground balance problems at any beach I've ever detected.

stillair1

Tenderfoot
Aug 23, 2019
UK Essex
Detector(s) used
Whites IDX, DFX
Garrett 400i
Nox 600, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thanks bart.I have a spot on a local beach its brackish water that has produced a lot of old coins. From 10 feet above high tide mark and 15 yards below the low tide line mainly.Ive hit it hard for 3 months now.Ive cleaned it out pretty good still producing coins just not in the numbers as when I started. Most of the hits I get now are smaller and weaker.Use to be hits were hard in all directions now most seam to be weak and only in one direction. I know there's lots more there I think there just deeper or siting on edge.Do you have any suggestions on how to set my machine up to be able to detect them.I pretty much use beach 1 in factory mode no chatter in or out the water. Thanks for any help!!
On a clean beach in Beach I, I'll run a recover at 2, IB 1.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If targets are just out of reach depth-wise grab the deeper 15" Equinox coil! https://bigboyshobbies.net/minelab-equinox-15-double-d-smart-coil

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have both the Minelab 12 X 15 and the Coiltek 15" round and find the Coiltek will go a bit deeper. It's also a bit heavier and doesn't pin point quite as well, but, at the beach, that isn't much of an issue as it would be in a turfed area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread