vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_metal_detector.gif
If no one can help ya - you might consider posting your question on MINELAB for more exposure...

Squirrel322

Silver Member
Jul 4, 2016
Central MI
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Equinox 800, Go-Find 66, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To my understanding the recover speed is how fast the machine will be ready to analyze the next target. I vaguely remember hearing that with the faster recovery speed is you sacrifice a little signal depth and ID accuracy but I might be wrong about that.

If you are hunting a open field with very few targets a slow recovery speed might be optimal. However, if you are in a trashy park or an spot loaded with iron where the signals on top of each other you might be better off with a faster recovery speed.

I have mine set at 4 or 5 usually but the best setting for you would depend on the places you hunt. Hope that helps (and is accurate).

OP
OP
Jorgeke

Jorgeke

Bronze Member
Oct 13, 2021
To my understanding the recover speed is how fast the machine will be ready to analyze the next target. I vaguely remember hearing that with the faster recovery speed is you sacrifice a little signal depth and ID accuracy but I might be wrong about that.

If you are hunting a open field with very few targets a slow recovery speed might be optimal. However, if you are in a trashy park or an spot loaded with iron where the signals on top of each other you might be better off with a faster recovery speed.

I have mine set at 4 or 5 usually but the best setting for you would depend on the places you hunt. Hope that helps (and is accurate).
Squirrell, Thank you so much for your advise, I will try different test

Thank you, keep in touch

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread