Equinox 900 vs. Manticore

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not own the Manticore (yet) but this is what I know.

The Manticore is suppose to have more transmit power, it has target id plus the 2D ID mapping screen and target trace like the ctx3030, the 2-d screen gives you much more information than target id numbers alone. The closer to the center line called x-axis the target is the more likely the target is to be non-ferrous.

The position of target on the ID screen can tell you how ferrous an object is, how conductive it is, and information about its formation and or shape.

Equinox uses Multi-IQ, the Manticore uses Multi-IQ+, a more powerful version of the Multi-IQ.

The Manticore has more search modes than the Equinox. The Equinox has Field, Beach, Park and Gold.

The Manticore has All-Terrain General, All-Terrain Fast, All-Terrain Low Conductors, All-Terrain High-Conductors, All-Terrain Trash/Reject, Beach General, Beach Low-Conductors, Beach Deep, Beach Surf and Sea Water, and Gold Field General.

Sensitivity on Eq goes up to max 28, the Manticore goes to max 35, but we all know it is rare to be able to run sensitivity to max on any detector

That is what I know so far.

nagant

Apr 21, 2017
iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Golden micromax, compadre. ML EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Target trace seems the tipping point for me. Do i need it or not? The 900 is from what I've seen is so close in performance it's not a deal breaker. Target trace is just flat out cool but $500 worth, not yet. Just tire kicking till spring.

Ringitup

Tenderfoot
Feb 20, 2022
Silicon Valley
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Target trace seems the tipping point for me. Do i need it or not? The 900 is from what I've seen is so close in performance it's not a deal breaker. Target trace is just flat out cool but $500 worth, not yet. Just tire kicking till spring.
Exactly my thinking too. Contemplated buying both but think I’ll start with the 900 until I feel like I “need” the manticor.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This may give you a better idea of what target trace is and does for those who do not know.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread