Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The weather has been very dry and the ground is turning into a brick. We have had some warmer weather, but it is not hot yet and the swimming area water is still pretty cold. I figured I’d try a water hunt and see if I could get lucky. Normally I don’t hit the water until late June or early July but the digging is so hard I thought I’d count on luck and go.

I spent 3.5 hours working a swimming area and doing a quick once over of the beach. The water was extremely quiet. Almost nothing. I did find 2 earring backs, 2 junky earrings and a messed up tab in the water. This is one of the swimming areas that was totally dry last fall and I gave it a good going over so there is not much left from past years. Luckily the folks that have come to the park left me a few things on the beach. The beach was also pretty quiet, but at least I found a few coins and a couple of goodies.

Altogether I found 4 coins with a face value of $0.41, a necklace, a ring, a piece of broken jewelry, a bag tie, 2 earring backs, 2 earrings, 3.5 tabs, 9 toy cars, a little bit of foil and 2 bottle caps.

DSCN2614.jpeg

The cars were in 2 spills, one with 7 the other with 2. I really do need a bigger garage LOL.

DSCN2615.jpeg

The ring is a Pandora ring. You can tell by the S925 and ALE markings on the edge of the ring. It is a set of infinity signs linked together. The necklace is a nice heavy one. It has been a while since I found a nice one like this. It is silver and has a silver cross on it with czs. It weighs 1.28 troy ounces or 39.9 grams, a real nice hunk of silver and it looks new and is in great shape.

DSCN2616.jpeg

DSCN2617.jpeg

So the equinox has had its first swim and scored some nice silver. I got a gold ring on another hunt so it does appear to get the job done. I still love my CZ21 and I will probably do most of my water hunting with the ATPro but the equinox will be great on the beach with occasional use on land and in the water. That’s all for this post, thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.

Upvote 33

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The weather has been very dry and the ground is turning into a brick. We have had some warmer weather, but it is not hot yet and the swimming area water is still pretty cold. I figured I’d try a water hunt and see if I could get lucky. Normally I don’t hit the water until late June or early July but the digging is so hard I thought I’d count on luck and go.

I spent 3.5 hours working a swimming area and doing a quick once over of the beach. The water was extremely quiet. Almost nothing. I did find 2 earring backs, 2 junky earrings and a messed up tab in the water. This is one of the swimming areas that was totally dry last fall and I gave it a good going over so there is not much left from past years. Luckily the folks that have come to the park left me a few things on the beach. The beach was also pretty quiet, but at least I found a few coins and a couple of goodies.

Altogether I found 4 coins with a face value of $0.41, a necklace, a ring, a piece of broken jewelry, a bag tie, 2 earring backs, 2 earrings, 3.5 tabs, 9 toy cars, a little bit of foil and 2 bottle caps.

View attachment 2087845

The cars were in 2 spills, one with 7 the other with 2. I really do need a bigger garage LOL.

View attachment 2087846

The ring is a Pandora ring. You can tell by the S925 and ALE markings on the edge of the ring. It is a set of infinity signs linked together. The necklace is a nice heavy one. It has been a while since I found a nice one like this. It is silver and has a silver cross on it with czs. It weighs 1.28 troy ounces or 39.9 grams, a real nice hunk of silver and it looks new and is in great shape.

View attachment 2087847

View attachment 2087844

So the equinox has had its first swim and scored some nice silver. I got a gold ring on another hunt so it does appear to get the job done. I still love my CZ21 and I will probably do most of my water hunting with the ATPro but the equinox will be great on the beach with occasional use on land and in the water. That’s all for this post, thanks for looking, stay safe, good luck and may your coil lead you to good things.
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils - Garett ACE 250 - Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on your first successful water hunt with the nox. I just had my "last" water hunt with mine. Control pod leaked 🤬 I'm in my last month of warranty thank goodness.

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 2087845

View attachment 2087846

View attachment 2087847

View attachment 2087844

My grandson would love your car finds! That is one heavy silver...how does someone lose that big of an item? Nice assortment of recoveries!

SHAWANIDetecter77

May 23, 2023
Libya
Detector(s) used
Fisher cold bug Db Pro

View attachment 2087845

View attachment 2087846

View attachment 2087847

View attachment 2087844

Excellent, great find

OP
OP
tnt-hunter

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My grandson would love your car finds! That is one heavy silver...how does someone lose that big of an item? Nice assortment of recoveries!
Thanks to all for the nice replies.
Coinstar magnet, I’m not sure how big items like that get lost. I once found a sterling silver cross covered in small czs that was as big as my hand and it was only in about 8 inches of water and the bottom was more small stones than sand and was only about 2,5 inches thick above the clay bottom. When dropped that thing would really be easy to spot until it got covered. But I guess it is a good thing some people aren’t very observant or we wouldn’t have anything to find. Stay safe, good luck and keep swingin.

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks to all for the nice replies.
Coinstar magnet, I’m not sure how big items like that get lost. I once found a sterling silver cross covered in small czs that was as big as my hand and it was only in about 8 inches of water and the bottom was more small stones than sand and was only about 2,5 inches thick above the clay bottom. When dropped that thing would really be easy to spot until it got covered. But I guess it is a good thing some people aren’t very observant or we wouldn’t have anything to find. Stay safe, good luck and keep swingin.
I guess it's similar to the piles of coins left in the coinstar reject bins...people are not paying attention...one of these days I'd like to try detecting in the water...I imagine it requires a whole different technique...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread