Equinox new user update

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
I continue hunting 2 hours a day and I am hammering away... $59 in clad, 24 hunts with the nox 2 with the dfx... only taken 2 days off the last 2 weeks...

Ok some more observations... pinpointing dead on.. just 2 silver coins.. but 6 rings now... 3 silver... and one silver pendant.. so 6 silver items up to now along with 6 wheaties on the year with the clad... The gold colored chain in pic fake...

I added a pic of the clad from the last week along with another ring, one more wheatie, a few pins, a surprise sac dollar after LOWERING my sensitivity... and a few other finds in the last week including one yen/Japanese dated 1993...took me forever to figure out the date...

What I am finding... used all the modes and found coins now in all except gold mose... trying the 50 tones in Park 2 and field 2...

As I did with my DFX and Explorer like the small 6 inch coil and added a pic of the depth it is hitting...

What is giving me some success in the mainly modern areas I hunt... I find that just digging repeatable signals is definitely FALSE...

For new or newer users... repeatable solid signals definitely works... BUT also add.. this... once you know your normally good tones and tid readings that are good.. use the vid as a great backup... and I DIG... hearing the good tones and the looking at the display IF any good numbers pop up even when jumping from one number (GOOD) to another diggable (GOOD) that also will be a good item too... My rings are are jumping between 2 numbers..
The sac dollar I just found yesterday (first with nox found several with other detectors) the reading was 36...then 31! So again it is more then just repeatables... make it repeatables and numbers that you would normally dig if they were repeatbles mixed in!

Try it...my numbers are increasing find wise... Areas I hunt will not produce tons of silver..but will produce plenty of surprises!

Keep on digging...

Attachments

• depth 6 inch coil nox.jpg
    depth 6 inch coil nox.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 81
  • nox last 7 days ending 4 7 22.jpg
    nox last 7 days ending 4 7 22.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 37
Upvote 9

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I continue hunting 2 hours a day and I am hammering away... $59 in clad, 24 hunts with the nox 2 with the dfx... only taken 2 days off the last 2 weeks...

Ok some more observations... pinpointing dead on.. just 2 silver coins.. but 6 rings now... 3 silver... and one silver pendant.. so 6 silver items up to now along with 6 wheaties on the year with the clad... The gold colored chain in pic fake...

I added a pic of the clad from the last week along with another ring, one more wheatie, a few pins, a surprise sac dollar after LOWERING my sensitivity... and a few other finds in the last week including one yen/Japanese dated 1993...took me forever to figure out the date...

What I am finding... used all the modes and found coins now in all except gold mose... trying the 50 tones in Park 2 and field 2...

As I did with my DFX and Explorer like the small 6 inch coil and added a pic of the depth it is hitting...

What is giving me some success in the mainly modern areas I hunt... I find that just digging repeatable signals is definitely FALSE...

For new or newer users... repeatable solid signals definitely works... BUT also add.. this... once you know your normally good tones and tid readings that are good.. use the vid as a great backup... and I DIG... hearing the good tones and the looking at the display IF any good numbers pop up even when jumping from one number (GOOD) to another diggable (GOOD) that also will be a good item too... My rings are are jumping between 2 numbers..
The sac dollar I just found yesterday (first with nox found several with other detectors) the reading was 36...then 31! So again it is more then just repeatables... make it repeatables and numbers that you would normally dig if they were repeatbles mixed in!

Try it...my numbers are increasing find wise... Areas I hunt will not produce tons of silver..but will produce plenty of surprises!

Keep on digging...
Nice report and good advice.Thanks!

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on your nice recoveries
Your determination to continue over and over greets you with big rewards..
Nice post with good observations also
Take care

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Keep on digging...
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread