AstralDruid

Oct 22, 2019
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250i Nel Hunter
Equinox 600 15" coil
XP-Mi4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So the wait is over..... "Good things come in twos", turned out to be three detectors.... Hopefully the mathematics involved in the machines adds up better than the person responsible for counting how many good things were coming...:icon_scratch:
Equinox 700 and 900 with the extra stuff from the manticore.....
So what do you think?

link for 900

link for 700

OP
OP
AstralDruid

AstralDruid

Oct 22, 2019
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600 15" coil
XP-Mi4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just dropped them a question on coils,, as the multi IQ is apparently the same, as the older versions, I hope the coils are interchangeable.... would make sense and could sway my vote,,,, seems like in 900 version it is supplied with an 11' and a 6' coil....

KSDirtfisher77

Jun 26, 2022
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites V3I
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah you guys beat me to it. I thought maybe I was dreaming when this showed up this morning on my computer.
Screenshot_20221202-083759_Chrome.jpg

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suppose we'll find out early next year about the performance. Takes a bit of time for any new machine to get into circulation.

OP
OP
AstralDruid

AstralDruid

Oct 22, 2019
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600 15" coil
XP-Mi4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So they replied with info that all old equinox coils are compatible with new machines.... which is nice :headbang:

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just happed to get a video suggested by you-tube last night on these new machines , it seems I missed a-lot in the time since I been sick and not detecting = ( Spring 2019 ) . I got the feeling they were almost the same as the EQ 600 & 800 . ???

That said I want to get back out swinging asap / 2023 but I will not be buying a new detector .

ScoopRattler

May 5, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So they replied with info that all old equinox coils are compatible with new machines.... which is nice :headbang:
Guess that is nice in some scenarios, but it creates a less than ideal upgrade scenario for existing Equinox users. Existing Equinox users will be forced to buy the 2 new coils (which they may or may not want) with their "new" Equinox purchase, when they already have the coil(s) they need. It would be nice to have a "no coil" option at a lesser price for those looking to upgrade but that are happy with their existing coil(s).

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's ok. Some people collect machines and coils and diggers etc. like some people collect socks. You can always resell any unneeded equipment. BEWARE however, if you sell over $600 on any online platform you'll get a 1099K from the IRS, Venmo, Etsy, Paypal, etc. new rules enacted for 2022 and in effect probably forever.

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
Guess that is nice in some scenarios, but it creates a less than ideal upgrade scenario for existing Equinox users. Existing Equinox users will be forced to buy the 2 new coils (which they may or may not want) with their "new" Equinox purchase, when they already have the coil(s) they need. It would be nice to have a "no coil" option at a lesser price for those looking to upgrade but that are happy with their existing coil(s).
"Existing Equinox users will be forced to buy the 2 new coils"

Which two coils? I missed something.

Dirt Duke

Aug 26, 2018
Detector(s) used
ATPro
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Existing Equinox users will be forced to buy the 2 new coils"

Which two coils? I missed something.
The 11” and the 6” coils that are included with the 900 in the $1099 USD MSRP. The suggestion is that since you already have coils from your 600 or 800 that will work with the 700/900, you are “buying 2 new coils”.

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
The 11” and the 6” coils that are included with the 900 in the $1099 USD MSRP. The suggestion is that since you already have coils from your 600 or 800 that will work with the 700/900, you are “buying 2 new coils”.
You can look at it like that I suppose.

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's ok. Some people collect machines and coils and diggers etc. like some people collect socks. You can always resell any unneeded equipment. BEWARE however, if you sell over $600 on any online platform you'll get a 1099K from the IRS, Venmo, Etsy, Paypal, etc. new rules enacted for 2022 and in effect probably forever.
smokey is correct, about collecting machines, coils, headphones etc, I am guilty. I still have all eight detectors I've bought over the years, plus many coils, so.... As far as buying two extra coils? If you were to buy the "900", would you not want each machine to have its own coil attached? I mean that if using the 900, and a friend should use the 800, tough to share one 11" coil between the two. OR, if you wish, one COULD just order a 900 control pod, and a set of upper and lower shafts, but why? I'm just saying.....

nagant

Apr 21, 2017
iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Golden micromax, compadre. ML EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New coil warranty is good to have! I have a 10x5 Coiltek so not ecstatic about the 6" included but then i could decide which is best. But i think having both would be useful. I'd like to know whats better then the 800 internally, Separation, iron bias or sensitivity. Otherwise their just weaseling out of recall land.

jmc24

Feb 24, 2020
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Legend, XP Deus 2, FTP Tek Point, Garrott Carrot, Gold Hog River Sluices and Flow Pan, Royal Mini High Banker.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nox 900 11” coil has beefed up coil ears. 6” looks to be the same as the original 6”

Nox 900 has: collapsible partly carbon fiber shaft, slightly different angled hand grip, much nicer adjustable arm rest, 119 target ID segments instead of 50, Pitch tones for Park, Field and Beach modes, faster recovery speed, better target separation, Fe and F2 iron bias from original Equinox combined into one iron bias setting, reddish backlight, built in LED flashlight, handle vibration, waterproof to 16 feet with an official IP68 rating, much nicer Bluetooth LE headphones, all previous Equinox coils from Minelab and Coiltek are compatible, original Minelab Equinox waterproof headphones are compatible…….lots more I am forgetting

Last edited:

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nox 900 11” coil has beefed up coil ears. 6” looks to be the same as the original 6”

Nox 900 has: collapsible partly carbon fiber shaft, slightly different angled hand grip, much nicer adjustable arm rest, 119 target ID segments instead of 50, Pitch tones for Park, Field and Beach modes, faster recovery speed, better target separation, Fe and F2 iron bias from original Equinox combined into one iron bias setting, reddish backlight, built in LED flashlight, handle vibration, waterproof to 16 feet with an official IP68 rating, much nicer Bluetooth LE headphones, all previous Equinox coils from Minelab and Coiltek are compatible, original Minelab Equinox waterproof headphones are compatible…….lots more I am forgetting
One correction jmc24, the New Nox versions and the Manticore do not have Bluetooth, they use Minelab's proprietary wireless.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

jmc24

Feb 24, 2020
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Legend, XP Deus 2, FTP Tek Point, Garrott Carrot, Gold Hog River Sluices and Flow Pan, Royal Mini High Banker.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One correction jmc24, the New Nox versions and the Manticore do not have Bluetooth, they use Minelab's proprietary wireless.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com
I have been told by two other dealers that the Nox 900 and Manticore use Bluetooth LE. It may well be a proprietary version but it is still Bluetooth LE.

AKSasquatch

Jul 17, 2021
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been told by two other dealers that the Nox 900 and Manticore use Bluetooth LE. It may well be a proprietary version but it is still Bluetooth LE.
I would be surprised if they dropped bluetooth entirely. Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe the 800 can connect to any bluetooth headset, but the ML80 headphones and wireless module use their low latency AptX bluetooth for better performance. I would imagine it would be the same but who knows, the 900 manual was very vague in the headphone section.

nagant

Apr 21, 2017
iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Golden micromax, compadre. ML EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's probably Bluetooth LE but they added some blocker so you cant use off the shelf Bluetooth devices. The 900 and maticore are the same in this respect. the ML 85 & 105's work for either. EDIT! The ML 85 brochure states only for the 7 & 9 hundred, I find that weird even for M/L. AND from the 105 brochure,, "They are compatible for use with MANTICORE and EQUINOX 900 detectors"

Last edited:

Grizz12

Dec 22, 2018
Alaska
Detector(s) used
Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sportsmans warehouse has the 800 for $1100, I would go with the 900 if I was looking for an upgrade from my 800

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread