Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minelab is the only one who knows the number of sales and the breakdown.

OP
OP
KREQ600

KREQ600

Apr 7, 2019
NE Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Minelab Equinox 900
Minelab Vanquish 440
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure Hunter:
Figured that the number of sales were probably not listed anywhere but was just curious none the less. Ya never know unless you ask. By the way, love your avatar!!! My stepson is in the Marine Corps and stationed at Camp Le Jejune, NC.

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I remember reading a post where someone talked to customer service and asked that question and the rep stated that they are selling more now then they were when it came out 2017- 20 18. Of course this is third or fourth had info so who knows? But it would kind of make sense. I have notices a lot of early thread comments in late 2017 and 2018 a lot of people were really bashing the Equinox saying it could not possibly be as good as their current model of detector. Funny, I remember a lot of the users names of those early Equinox bashers and look at their profiles and see they own a 600 or 800.

Part of the problem especially with the 800 was that people (like me) would buy one and not really know how to set it up. And more often than not my either copied settings or what I thought were good settings were not for the sites I was hunting. I was essentially using a badly tuned 800 through ignorance and thus was not having very much success with the 800 comparted to my trusty AT Pro.

Some people advised you should just noise cancel, ground balance and pick one of the standard modes. Back then, I thought that is for total beginners and I had been detecting for many, many years. Wrong!!!! The 800 is a very fine detector in the standard modes. It takes a while to learn to master the 800 for some (like me). Wasted 3 months or more trying to tweak advanced settings and really screwing things up.

So yes, I can see now it still selling well as people report their successes on the various metal detecting forums and on their youtube metal detecting videos.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The 800 is a very fine detector in the standard modes. It takes a while to learn to master the 800 for some (like me). Wasted 3 months or more trying to tweak advanced settings and really screwing things up.
AGREED! The Equinox 600 and Equinox 800 are outstanding in the presets. Very easy to use and learn.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure Hunter:
Figured that the number of sales were probably not listed anywhere but was just curious none the less. Ya never know unless you ask. By the way, love your avatar!!! My stepson is in the Marine Corps and stationed at Camp Le Jejune, NC.
When I worked for Minelab I could get the info but that ended 3 years ago, and stopped working for Kellyco 2 years ago. Equinox is or was their most popular detector sold at that time. Bart is better position to say if he sells more Equinox than other Minelab models.

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you wanna have a problem the equinox jumping in and out of pinpoint it’s driving me crazy. If so any quick fix?
Hey Truth..I wish I could help you here as I don’t have one yet..I enjoy your posts and seeing your great accomplishments..
I hope your next hunt greets you with big rewards
Take care my friend
Bill

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Truth..I wish I could help you here as I don’t have one yet..I enjoy your posts and seeing your great accomplishments..
I hope your next hunt greets you with big rewards
Take care my friend
Bill
Hey Bill I appreciate your kind words I haven’t had another honey hole but I got a tip yesterday and from what I’ve studied it got to produce a lot. Stay tuned my friend.

Ps. Again thank you for kind words means a lot to me I work the ground hard 🙏🏻

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread