Equinox target id's for civil war relics?

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, you'd just better ignore the VDI totally and dig everything on a Civil War site. I've seen people MISS Rev War AND Confederate plates because they thought the items were smashed aluminum cans. So I have those items now....plus some cans.:tongue3:

GameOfTones

May 22, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can tell you an air test on a round corner Army of Tennessee CS buckle rings up at 30-31 on the Nox. I haven't tested much else besides bullets.
I am taking a Nox 600 on a CW battlefield hunt in 3 weeks. While I'm digging pretty much everything, I will still take notes on what things ring up.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What Smokey said, see my post in another one of your threads. With EQUINOX its really tone that tells the story...

But if you are a glutton for punishment:

Buttons are mid teens

Non-fragmented minie balls are high teens

Eagle Breast Plate you are looking at in my avatar mid-to high 20's

Big Blob of melted aluminum slag - mid-to-high 20's

Oh, and all those numbers changed once the relics are out of the ground.

I was really looking for repeatable signals, in rough vdi ranges, with good tone and digging. The tones and not the vdi helped me to recognize the difference between the aluminum slag and the breast plate. But I had to dig aluminum slag to figure it out. Don't ask how the aluminum slag got there.

Going from memory. I don't take very good notes in the field, too busy digging.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread