Erratic behavior

Lone Star

Jan 6, 2010
North of the Balcones Escarpment
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought I'd brush the dust off the 400 today, so I went to the local neighborhood park.
As soon as I put the head down the machine went sideways. The numbers were rolling totally erratic and fast like a slot machine. I covered a few related areas, but it never stopped. Reset the machine changed frequency, nada. same thing.
Came back with the AT/Pro. Same thing happened ! I was flabbergasted. I'm assuming it's the location. I heard it may be the under sod barriers ?? This dang park is almost 20years old.
Any ideas? Thanks for your feedback.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EMI I would think. Are there a bunch of power lines around or look for antennaes someone might have a base unit and have it on continuously.

Reactions: ARC
OP
OP
Lone Star

Lone Star

Jan 6, 2010
North of the Balcones Escarpment
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it's the sod underlayment. It's the same everywhere in the park including the outfield of the ball field and most of the soccer field.
Went to the beach for a systems check yesterday and everything was fine.

seagullplayer

Aug 13, 2008
Southern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250 & ACE 400, ACE Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow that does seem crazy. If you find out any further detail, I hope you update us.
It sounds like electrical interference to make the readings act like that.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to a park in Michigan once and the same thing happened no matter what machine it was....all I got was chaos !! Never was able to search that park ever. I assumed it was the buried mother ship from zeta-riticuli !! Alien invasion is imminent !!😂🤣😂

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread