Escaping the Rain Led Me to Gold and Diamonds!

oldmxrat

Silver Member
Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday's weather report said it would be raining here and all around N. Nevada, except for one little area a short ways to the east. In that area is a small town. Now there's no way I'm sitting in the house all day watching rain when I can take a drive and be dry and swinging! In less than an hour I was driving around looking for a possible place to ask for permissions when I spied a small park.

I always have trouble getting really motivated once the summer swim season is over because that's when I find most of my gold, but digging clad in a park is still way better than being cooped up in the house.

Question:
How do people lose their rings when they're not swimming?

Answer:
Well, they put them on their key ring and lose it all, of course!

I do feel really bad for the day this guy had...
19Sept2022b.jpeg

This park was loaded with clad and about a dozen spills. It had rained here all night so it was real easy extracting most everything with my probe too.
In about 3 hours I pulled $16.12 in clad, The key ring with the big (size 11.5) 14k white gold ring with black diamonds, and a few pieces of junk jewelry.
19Sept2022c.jpeg
19Sept2022a.jpeg

I'll definitely be making that drive again soon!

Upvote 21

WG2020

Oct 9, 2018
SW Ohio
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yesterday's weather report said it would be raining here and all around N. Nevada, except for one little area a short ways to the east. In that area is a small town. Now there's no way I'm sitting in the house all day watching rain when I can take a drive and be dry and swinging! In less than an hour I was driving around looking for a possible place to ask for permissions when I spied a small park.

I always have trouble getting really motivated once the summer swim season is over because that's when I find most of my gold, but digging clad in a park is still way better than being cooped up in the house.

Question:

Answer:

View attachment 2047343

This park was loaded with clad and about a dozen spills. It had rained here all night so it was real easy extracting most everything with my probe too.
In about 3 hours I pulled $16.12 in clad, The key ring with the big (size 11.5) 14k white gold ring with black diamonds, and a few pieces of junk jewelry.
View attachment 2047344 View attachment 2047345

oldmxrat,

Very nice find. I will have to admit though that I spent more time relooking at your Banner Arrowhead find - it just gets better looking
each time I look at it, a one in a million find. Good luck with your hunts. Walt

Last edited:

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Question:

Answer:

View attachment 2047343

View attachment 2047344 View attachment 2047345

Awesome Find!!!! Congrats!!!

OP
OP
oldmxrat

oldmxrat

Silver Member
Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oldmxrat,

Very nice find. I will have to admit though that I spent more time relooking at your Banner Arrowhead find - it just gets better looking
each time I look at it, a one in a million find. Good luck with your hunts. Walt
Thanks! Yeah, that point is going to be hard for me to beat, but I'll keep trying!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread