Detector(s) used
Minelab e-trac, tesoro tejon, garret infinium ls

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone else had this problem? When I hit the power button all that I hear is a slight click. Also the click only happens on the first try. After that I have to remove the battery pack and put it back in to hear the click from the power button again.

What is the voltage on your battery?

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Disconnect your coil and see if it will turn on. An open in the coil wiring will cause that.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doesn't disconnecting the coil cause an open too?

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doesn't disconnecting the coil cause an open too?

That is correct, but the E-Trac will stay on without a coil attached. If there's a problem with the coil, the E-Trac will sense it and turn off. It might actually be a short in the coil wiring versus an open in either the transmit or receive coil.

I just sent my E-Trac in for repair, and the problem was with the coil.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try detector with another coil and see if it fails and try your coil on another detector, see if problem follows the coil.

OP
OP
ky gold

ky gold

Greenie
Jun 25, 2010
ky
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-trac, tesoro tejon, garret infinium ls
Thanks! I will try using another coil. I have 2 battery packs and have tried removing the coil and still just get a click. Where did you send yours for repair?

Dan(NM)

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2014
Central Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! I will try using another coil. I have 2 battery packs and have tried removing the coil and still just get a click. Where did you send yours for repair?

You'll need to call Minelab Customer Service and they will give you the details and tell you where to ship it. The repair center is in Pa. Top notch guys at the repair center.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions