Eureka, 669 Grams of Sterling Silver just now.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Office work is busy today as some things piled up on me being on the road Sunday, Monday & Tuesday. I got thing cought up and headed out for a run to get some paper towels. I hadn't been in the local thrift store in three days, which most Wednesdays they add to the jewelry case, but they added nothing of interest that I could see. While I had the key holder employee in my command, I asked to see in the larger case as I had my eye on this silver pitcher, that looked right to me from distance and when I reached in and got it, I said to myself this is a honker and sure do hope I see the marks of joy stamped somewhere. Sure enough, I saw that word STERLING in small letters and recognized the Whiting Mfg. mark right away and quietly praised Jesus before I told the lady, I'll take it. All total it was $16.39. It's more than $440. in silver value in this and it's monogrammed, plus dinged up in a couple places, but so what.

Attachments

• 20230208_121430.jpg
    20230208_121430.jpg
    968.4 KB · Views: 157
  • 20230208_121455.jpg
    20230208_121455.jpg
    672.3 KB · Views: 158
  • 20230208_123702.jpg
    20230208_123702.jpg
    887.4 KB · Views: 155

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holey smokes that's huge !! What a great story and treasure find tamrock !! Congrats !!

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very cool i stop in local thrift stores every now and then but havent got lucky yet
Every now and then is not frequent enough. I just about go every day and sometimes twice a day. Things come and go quickly in these large stores. This particular store seems to attract more treasures than the other two near by. Even if I don't find anything of real value, I like to just look at all the old nostalgic things to reminisce over.

HistoryTeacher

Mar 9, 2017
North Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny they had it locked in a case, but had it priced like a cheap ole pitcher. Great pickup. Smart to learn the tendencies of your local stores and hit them frequently.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny they had it locked in a case, but had it priced like a cheap ole pitcher. Great pickup. Smart to learn the tendencies of your local stores and hit them frequently.
Just about anything collectible looking and price over $10, they lock up, still there's no rhyme or reason on how they veiw and price items in this store. So far they've not understood the difference between plate and solid silver. The case had two large pieces of old plate that were priced higher than this item. They probably priced this one less because of the few dents it had.

Last edited:

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Just about anything collectible looking and price over $10, they lock up, still there's no rhyme or reason on how they veiw and price items in this store. So far they've not understood the difference between plate and solid silver. The case had two large pieces of old plate that were priced higher than this item. They probably priced this one less because of the few dents it had.
Yeah, I love the “bric-brac” tag.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I love the “bric-brac” tag.
Yeah a lot of the bric-brac, is just that, meaning it has no specific category and just listed for the purchaser to decide.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Office work is busy today as some things piled up on me being on the road Sunday, Monday & Tuesday. I got thing cought up and headed out for a run to get some paper towels. I hadn't been in the local thrift store in three days, which most Wednesdays they add to the jewelry case, but they added nothing of interest that I could see. While I had the key holder employee in my command, I asked to see in the larger case as I had my eye on this silver pitcher, that looked right to me from distance and when I reached in and got it, I said to myself this is a honker and sure do hope I see the marks of joy stamped somewhere. Sure enough, I saw that word STERLING in small letters and recognized the Whiting Mfg. mark right away and quietly praised Jesus before I told the lady, I'll take it. All total it was $16.39. It's more than $440. in silver value in this and it's monogrammed, plus dinged up in a couple places, but so what.
SCOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE X 10,000 . lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread