Ever give up something you love doing? Like scuba diving- Something to think about!

OP
OP
F

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 deus excalibur sovern but used gp4500 sd2200 whites nd a few fisher. Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I dont get it. If you cant do it 24/7 you will give it up? Is diving a passion? A hobby? A job? I don't understand because I LOVE diving. I love it and I own my own (and way too much) diving gear. I live 4+ hours from the nearest diving spots so I can't do it often but I'm certainly not going to throw in the towel. I dive when I can find the time and sometimes make a little time. I wish I lived as close to water as you, so I could do it more often!
Between owning a hookah. As soon as I was set up with the Hookah. A sub job came along. My dreams came true. Sold Hookah for dive gear. Looking for a sub for 5 years and never diving. Job goes belly up. Then getting sick for a year. Better now. No boat, no partner, and safety first at 62. Never mine. I'm on a fixed income. I even willing to work for air fair to come home once a month plus food and roof over my head. No offers on that deal. Town permits, fisherman giving two weeks notice to launch and park trailers. Then we have great whites offshore. Coming in by bus. Just to many things against me. It's all or nothing. I know my areas history, love detecting and diving. That's what I want to do. And It's not working out. So I need to say enough is enough.

OP
OP
F

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 deus excalibur sovern but used gp4500 sd2200 whites nd a few fisher. Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your son was lucky to have you their to show him the ropes. When you love something and know its what you want to do. You end up being really good at it. You loved it at one time. It only stands to reason that one of your sons would love it. Same blood as his dad. A lot of people can't do what they love for one reason or another. Now look at him and what he's done for you. It's a two way street now. Sounds like that was what you needed.

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
OP
OP
F

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've go so many stories. I Found a coast guard bag while shell fishing that had 3 strips on it. Thought some one lost it over board. So I hit the bag with my digging rake and a bra comes out. So I put it into my floating shellfish tube basket. Said to myself. Cool, I'll check it when I get to shore. Anyway I get done and my girlfriend is on shore waiting and see this bag. Before I could get my gear off, She was ripping the bag apart. Had to be their. She was like a kid in the candy store. Someone stole like 6 wallets at this party and put them into this bag. She found 1 penny. #2 No bait needed for Lobsters. I used a 5 gal bucket with growth on it. I would put it on this underwater shell fish edge where I worked everyday. No float and no bait. Lobster would be their every day. They would go for protection and make the bucket home. Now that's cheep fishing. Don't know why fishermen use bait. Ha Ha. Don't worry! I have plenty of them. Ha Ha

OP
OP
F

frankie

Feb 7, 2010
mass
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see you live where they have the air shows every year. Love air shows. Get yourself a metal detector and snorkel with that. Your finds will pay for your detector. Your wife will be happy also. And you'll be happy that the wife's happy.Most of my family's fingers are full. If I don't find the owner and it fits. It's theirs. Ha Ha Seems everyone is getting detectors these days. The land spots are far few in between. But the water is where its at.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread