Ever hear of bucketing?

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last edited:
Upvote 0

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
Not a new technique. I have used similar methods when necessary, as have many others.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Time for more coffee.
I’m slow and not very hip.
“Time for More Coffee”
What does that mean?
1.) Your actually heading out for coffee and will be back later?
2.) The conversation is boring you and you need some stimulant to keep the lids open.

I see that phrase mentioned here from time to time and can’t figure out if it’s intended to be an insult or not.

I actually just put a pot of coffee on the stove..

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I’m slow and not very hip.
“Time for More Coffee”
What does that mean?
1.) Your actually heading out for coffee and will be back later?
2.) The conversation is boring you and you need some stimulant to keep the lids open.

I see that phrase mentioned here from time to time and can’t figure out if it’s intended to be an insult or not.

I actually just put a pot of coffee on the stove..

I'm just helping galenrog out IMAUDIGGER.

"Time for more coffee" is galenrog's trademark signoff when he has said his piece. Obviously galenrog has had enough coffee that he forgot his signature phrase. I've always appreciated the finality of the phrase "Time for more coffee" so I was taking the opportunity to help out a fellow Tnetter and bask in the goodness of more coffee.

Hope I didn't step on anybody's cord?

Heavy Pans

ConshyBoy

Sep 11, 2018
Conshohocken PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster 6000 Garrett Ace 400 BH Tracker 4 Vulcan 360 AT Pro Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
“Time for more coffee” phrase is the best most times it just works so well with what he had posted

Last edited:

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
Sometimes I get distracted. Grandkids suddenly came on FaceTime.

Too late for more coffee.

standard8

Jul 17, 2015
Seattle Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well when it's too late for more coffee it's a good time to start the mornings cold brew.

Not too hard to do.
Put some grinds in some water and soak it overnight.
Strain it and warm it up on the stove.
Good for a slightly different flavor from the same old grinds.
Good luck.

You could even use a bucket for mixing up this brew.

OreCart

Jan 23, 2019
Maine
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well when it's too late for more coffee it's a good time to start the mornings cold brew.

Not too hard to do.
Put some grinds in some water and soak it overnight.
Strain it and warm it up on the stove.
Good for a slightly different flavor from the same old grinds.
Good luck.

You could even use a bucket for mixing up this brew.

Back in my railroading days we called that "Caboose Coffee", though I suppose on here it would be called "Prospectors Coffee".

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find this method interesting and maybe useful for some of you...some cleaning and reduction prior to feeding a small sluice or whatever. https://www.researchgate.net/public..._buckets_in_Kyrgyzstan_-_the_term_'bucketing'

I do pretty much the same thing to break up clay and wash it off of gravel or the bedrock that I'm bustin up.

Typically theres a good bit of water flowing next to the sluice and its what I'll use as the "fresh" water source.

I don't bother when the material isn't sticky or from a more packed layer that needs it.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Too late for coffee,im appalled .Get this straight,it is never too late for coffee.Im having Death Wish coffee right now.:laughing7:

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok well I said I was slow when it comes to these types of things.
Hot mug of instant coffee sitting at the ready.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back in my railroading days we called that "Caboose Coffee", though I suppose on here it would be called "Prospectors Coffee".
Crappy coffee has gone by many names. Cowboy Coffee is another.
One thing is for certain, even crappy coffee is probably pretty dang good if you have gone awhile without fresh coffee.

I was reading that the practice in the remote areas was to place the coffee grounds directly in the pot, then boil.
Every day you would add coffee grounds to it as a way of freshening up the old grounds.
When the pot got full of grounds, you tossed it out and started over. That was a FRESH POT OF COFFEE.

I sometimes perk a pot in the evening and just re-heat it the next morning. I only use grounds once.

galenrog

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2006
Free coffee is the best coffee, unless it is Starbucks. I won’t drink that even when the wife is buying.

Back to bucketing. For those that are good at it, it is a much faster method of concentration than hand feeding a
sluice. I think it was George Massie that told me, when I lived in beautiful downtown Fallbrook, California. But it may have been one of his buddies that hung out at GPAA when it was a storefront on Main St., Fallbrook.

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have done it with really sticky stuff that just balls up and rolls over the the sluice.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread