Everything Including the Kitchen Sink Recirc. Highbanker

605dano

Nov 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is about the third redesign. Wanted something I could go anywhere and be self contained and do a decent days work. Didn't want to bend over because of bad back. This is what I came up with. Two twenty gallon plastic barrels connected with 3 inch pvc pipe (free). An old broken ladder I cut down (free). A Keene sluice that I had laying around with header box attached. I mounted 4 allthread in rim of barrels to mount ladder for frame sluice sits on. Nuts and washers on allthread let me adjust level and pitch for sluice. At the top of the sluice I attached 2 2x4 flared boards to transition from 7 inch upper sluice with slick plate feeding lower sluice. Mats can fit under lip of slick plate and adjustable clamps on side can hold down expanded metal that tucks under slick plate. I have precut miners moss and carpet segments for changing out as often as I need to. A 7 inch sluice with gold hog mat at a more aggresive angle feeds 10 inch, it also has clamps for expanded. It also is mounted on allthread so level and pitch are adjustable. An old kitchen sink with the bottom cut out is mounted at the top of the 7 inch also on allthread. A piece of screen that I scavaged from an air conditioner shroud sits in sink. I cut pvc couplings lengthways to mount on sink for spray bar. Spray bar can snap out to clean or adjust easily. Finally another 7 inch channel is mounted to sink for rock chute for cleaned oversize screened rocks. A 12 volt 2200 GPH Johnson pump circulates water. The material that is fed accummulates in first barrel and a plug on a 4 inch pipe at bottom allows for slurry to be flushed after 4 5 gal. buckets. I refill the pump barrel every two to four refills depending on mud in material I'm running. I have a three hundred gal. water tank in pickup with hose attached so can run 40+ buckets before needing more water. Works well and is light weight and semi-portable. Can use garden hose to refill barrels and run quite a ways from truck as long as you are downhill. Son made a video of us running a few buckets for demo last summer. Will try to post a link if I can figure out how.

Attachments

• highbanker 008.JPG
    highbanker 008.JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 107
  • highbanker 007.JPG
    highbanker 007.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 103
  • highbanker 006.JPG
    highbanker 006.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 99
  • highbanker 005.JPG
    highbanker 005.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 113
  • highbanker 004.JPG
    highbanker 004.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 110
  • highbanker 003.JPG
    highbanker 003.JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 126
  • highbanker 002.JPG
    highbanker 002.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 118

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
I must say...... That is quite the contraption...:laughing7:

maui

Dec 3, 2007
maui, hawaii
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
605dano, really nice build thanks for sharing and giving us idea's

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you should try running with your expanded metal the other direction. Especially considering your low flow. Nice set up!

OP
OP

605dano

Nov 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not able to figure out how to put up a link from you tube. I can get the address to display but in black, not as a clickable link. I'm using mozzila, any ideas?

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
Just post the link... we can copy and paste to get to you tube if nothing else......:tongue3:

OP
OP

605dano

Nov 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's the link to you tube

maui

Dec 3, 2007
maui, hawaii
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
605 dano, looks real interesting and seems to work very good. thanks

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
looks good! but you might try flipping your raised expanded 180 to utilize the "riffle" of this rasied expanded. congrats on building your own and having success with it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions