Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
This is what we're facing on numerous beaches along central Florida's east coast....not all beaches, but many more than I'd like.
Seagrape Trail Beach from blogspot.com
sgpile.jpg

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fear not....
171.JPG
Doesn't take much for it all to go away.This sand was removed -overnight- no storm, just high winds whipping up the waves :)

OP
OP
ColonelDan

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I’ve seen that too over more years than I’d like to admit to! 😂

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I live north of you in Indialantic. They "renourish" the beaches here regularly. What a mess & for nothing. My wife was born here & is 70. She says the beaches were fine all the while she lived here. Then someone thought they needed to be renourished. Follow the money, it's all bullsquat.

pulltabfelix

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2018
North Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Currently have CTX3030 and Vanquish 440.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I live north of you in Indialantic. They "renourish" the beaches here regularly. What a mess & for nothing. My wife was born here & is 70. She says the beaches were fine all the while she lived here. Then someone thought they needed to be renourished. Follow the money, it's all bullsquat.
Probably starts with the contractors contacting the big condo/hotel owners and scaring them to death, they contact their local politicians and scare them to death by funding their opponents if they don't budget city - county money to re-nourish the beach and the money comes back to the contractors. Or something much like that. Has nothing to do with the condition of the beach. The ocean builds and erodes beaches and has been for millions of years.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread