cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check with Tony Eisenhower. He does my mods and maybe will sell just the parts?

OP
OP
Irishgoldhound

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Check with Tony Eisenhower. He does my mods and maybe will sell just the parts?
Ok thanks Cuda. I watched Tonyโ€™s video. The way OBN does his pinpoint mod seems way easier to follow.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Someone just asked me for a list, I posted one here some where for the parts needed. See if I can find it. I now use a yellow push button, a lot faster then the toggle and it is the same the repair center in PA uses.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other

Few of the links are dead but can be found else where.

I see the yellow push button is Newark and no where else. Or the toggle is still in stock..

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tony uses the push button one (at least on mine) I find it easier and faster than the toggle. You will eventually wear out the rubber seal on the end, but, it's a simple replacement. Putting a balloon or condom over the end helps extend the life of it. I don't know if the toggle has the same life expectancy or not.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I've been with Kellyco since the 80's - got my first detector from them in
1983. I sent my Excal toy to them for repairs = got absolutely waterproofed :)

I'm the paranoid kinda dude = don't go anywhere I see anything negative.

Still with Kellyco......

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've repaired a few of Kellyco mistakes over the years, one was they were wiring the 10 x 12 SEF BBS coils wrong (and for a good while), I called...... and was told the coils were wired wrong internally, when all they needed to do was swap the black and gray wire for them to work correct.
Sorry OBN but that is not correct.Some of the first SEF coils were not always wired the same from factory, what was transmit on one coil was receive on different coil even though it was the same coil and color code, Dave even reached out to the manufacturer and told them about it.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am the one who talked to customers in the repair center.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
My Bad TH, I promised someone at Kellyco I would not say anything about this so I deleted my post.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Tony uses the push button one (at least on mine) I find it easier and faster than the toggle. You will eventually wear out the rubber seal on the end, but, it's a simple replacement. Putting a balloon or condom over the end helps extend the life of it. I don't know if the toggle has the same life expectancy or not.
I like the momentary Push button better also now that I have used it, the toggle was more or less for those that like to use both Mods .. Disc and PP. The momentary push button is for those who like AM/PP 99% of the time and will only use the button when checking a target in disc. As far as which lasts longer.. Depends on the cycles used. I know the little yellow IP68 button has a 100,000 cycles. The toggle 30,000.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ones I have are not momentary......they're click on, click off. They're basically (if not actually) like the little LED flash light switches.

OP
OP
Irishgoldhound

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds

Few of the links are dead but can be found else where.

I see the yellow push button is Newark and no where else. Or the toggle is still in stock..

Thanks OBN! What about the handle? Do you guys make your own or can you buy them? Sorry if I sound like an idiot, just wanting to learn the exal mods.

OP
OP
Irishgoldhound

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Thanks OBN! What about the handle? Do you guys make your own or can you buy them? Sorry if I sound like an idiot, just wanting to learn the exal mods.
OBN, Sorry I just realized you posted all the links for all the parts. Thank you! Much appreciated!!

Reactions: OBN

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread