Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Ace 250

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would thoink most shops would sell the Rechargeable batterys not the pods tell them

OP
OP
W

warrior

Greenie
Feb 4, 2011
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Ace 250
I would thoink most shops would sell the Rechargeable batterys not the pods tell them
I have the battery, just need the POD and the only ones I can find say they are not to be used with rechargeable batteries

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Use an old excal battery pod and just swap it out, that is what I did.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Why not use a AA pack. I've used one many times as my regular.. specs are close, same endcap and the pod is just a little lighter.

OBN0015 (2).jpg

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Long as not diving the AA pods are good, they are a little tighter but do work, just can't dive deep with them.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mr Treasure_Hunters KNOWS what he is talking about .

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reactions: OBN

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Even though they say this I've used them many times for chest deep hunting, and no problems charging. Both are made from the same mold, but seems to be less thick in some places..
OBN0016 (2).jpg

OBN0015 (3).jpg

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, they are not as thick. I have used them many times waist to chest deep with no problem, but I would not recommend them for diving deeper than 15 feet.

When I was in the repair center we got in excals that had the AA pods that had burst because they dove with them and the wires to the battery were shorted out causing problems on the motherboard.

Reactions: OBN

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, they are not as thick. I have used them many times waist to chest deep with no problem, but I would not recommend them for diving deeper than 15 feet.

When I was in the repair center we got in excals that had the AA pods that had burst because they dove with them and the wires to the battery were shorted out causing problems on the motherboard.
Pressures increase every 33 feet

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread