Excalibur II problem

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I finally got back in the water after almost a year and was having a great time when i got a loud signal that sounded like a beer can and then everything went haywire. Loud buzz through the headphones that wouldn't quit. Turned it off and back on and still loud buzz. I tried adjusting threshold with no difference. Disc is at 7. Sens is at 7. Battery is at 12.20 volts. I can't see any water in the battery or pod. Any ideas what might be going on? Thanks in advance.

Upvote 1

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check your coil, make sure there are no cracks, put the coil in the bathtub and see if any bubbles come up. Try measuring the voltage when the detector is powered on wrap a pair of wires around the pins on the connector then connect the battery to the unit and measure the voltage on the 2 wires, don't get them crossed. You could have water in unit that you do not see, look at it closely to be sure there are no cracks in the battery connector where the cable connects too.

On another note not sure why you have disc set so high

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is the original battery, i think. It is on charge now. Once it gets charged, I'll try again and set the disc lower.
I never run my discrimination above 1, volume is maxed, the sense is set when it stabilizes then bumped just a hair hotter, and the threshold is set to be like a tiny mosquito in my ear.

OP
OP
Indian Steve

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Battery has been on charge for 3 hours and is up to 13.8 volts. That seems to have fixed the problem. Dummy me panicked. I plan on getting a new battery to have as a spare. Where would ya'll recomend to get a new battery? Thanks Again for ALL of Ya'lls help

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Battery has been on charge for 3 hours and is up to 13.8 volts. That seems to have fixed the problem. Dummy me panicked. I plan on getting a new battery to have as a spare. Where would ya'll recomend to get a new battery? Thanks Again for ALL of Ya'lls help
RND batteries work GREAT in an Excal, and last 4-5 times longer in my experience.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Problem with RNB battery is …. You can’t find um now. But if it’s a Blue Xcal it’s 700mah…. Age means about 3 or 4 hours max based on settings/targets

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread