Excalibur II - waterproof grease at battery connection?

Deep Seeker

Oct 6, 2003
Central MA
Detector(s) used
Minelab XS-2a Pro, Excal II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My new Excalibur II just arrived. Just in time as I leave for vacation at the beach in two days. I'm reading that after charging the battery pack, i connect the cable and "firmly tighten the water exclusion seal by hand." No problem, but sometimes I'm a little extra cautious. Do any of you Excalibur users also apply a waterproof grease or something in that area after tightening by hand? Might it help? Might it hurt? Any other tips? Thanks for your input and happy hunting.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Plumbers silicone grease (NOT GLUE) on the threads of the screw on battery connector.....

I also put a tiny dab on the rubber washer just not every time........

Dixie Digger

Sep 11, 2006
Ga
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT W/S12 Coil & Excal 1000 & Fisher CZ21 Cz20,Tesoro Tiger Shark Excal ll
yep plummers silicone grease on the rubber washer (both sides) and on the threads as well.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dixie Digger said:
yep plummers silicone grease on the rubber washer (both sides) and on the threads as well.

Dixie is correct, I wasn't clear that the silicone goes on both sides of the rubber washer.....

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:
Dixie Digger said:

Dixie is correct, I wasn't clear that the silicone goes on both sides of the rubber washer.....
You can get this silicone grease at most dive shops, pool supply stores, Lowes...etc. Make sure it is Silicone Grease and not sealant as one guy used. I try not to get any grease on the two prongs on the plug. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread