Excalibur Sword - crazy sounds

Missouri Hick

Aug 13, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When the headphone coiled cable dips into the lake water - machine goes wild with all kind of signal sounds. pull the headphone cable out of water and everything is OK. Thought maybe I had leaks on controls but all o rings looked good and no leakage. I replaced the kinky coil headphone cable thinking that maybe the coils were acting like a transformer somehow when the detector and headphone cables were under water - replaced with straight shielded cable. Tried it at the lake again today with same results. If the headphone cable goes barely under the water weird signals show up. Detector is origional with horse shoe coil. Appreciate any help !!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How did you replace the headphones? The cable should be one piece and sealed into the end cap and not have an inline connector. What brand and type of headphones?

OP
OP
M

Missouri Hick

Aug 13, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all who read my posts. In answer to Cudamark’s question - this is what I did. Removed end cap from headset end & dug out the RTV silicon sealant with some dental tools (harbor freight). When the end of the cable can be seen I cut off the cable about 4 inches from end cap. Then removed the screw on clamp nut. I pulled the cutoff wires and packing from the inside until only the cable sleeve remained, then it was easy to pull out the sleeve. Spliced wires by soldering and covered with shrink from kit at (harbor freight). Put RTV silicon on shrink and filled hole in end cap with it. I did cut cable just below Red headsets and spliced wiring there also. I’m not a diver just a wader so the headset end splicing won’t be a problem. This is the 3rd time I’ve tried to respond to posts with no luck yet so here goes again. The original battery pack was a NiMh 9.6 volt pack from (onlybatteryPacks). I was wondering if the AA pack voltage being higher might have damaged something. The AA pack of Energizer Ultimate Lithium voltage is over 14 volts??

005.jpg 005.jpg
:hello2::hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread