Excalibur Sword Model Coil Replacement

pamlicopanther

Feb 12, 2010
Eastern NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur (Sword Model) Tesoro Cibola (With GB Mod)
I have one of the original excalibur sword detectors with the aqua earphones. Still works great and has served me well. I bought it used 10 years or so ago.

Anyway, when I bought it had had a 10" tornado coil installed at some point. The wire for this coil is falling apart. I am considering replacing the coil.

I am wondering first of all which coil works for this model? Will any excal ii coil work? Will any sovereign coil work?

Then, what is involved in replacing the coil? Do you have to solder the coil wires to the board or can you connect it at the body at the connector? Will the mod for the Excal ii work where you replace the connector allowing for changing coils?

Any help is appreciated.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you're out of luck getting a new replacement coil. The coils are different than the later models, but, I don't know for sure whether they can be modified to work though. You might be able to replace just the cable too. Give OBN a buzz, he might know. Tony Eisenhower might know too. He does all my mods on the Excal and has done some cable replacements.

OP
OP
pamlicopanther

pamlicopanther

Feb 12, 2010
Eastern NC
Detector(s) used
Ouch, that's not good.

I will follow up with them.

Thanks.

Sandscoopdan

May 19, 2012
Cypress,Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Extreme scoop
Boat: 20ft Four Winns w/92 V8 5.0L Cobra Mustang engine
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Ouch, that's not good.

I will follow up with them.

Thanks.
Did you talk to Detector Repair Center? They do repairs for Minelab. These guys have done great work on my machines! I am about to sent my excal to them to install a new cable- mine has dry rotted. Also having them install the inline quick connectors so I can swap out the 10in coil for the Superfly coil. Keep us posted on what you find out.

OP
OP
pamlicopanther

pamlicopanther

Feb 12, 2010
Eastern NC
Detector(s) used
Did you talk to Detector Repair Center? They do repairs for Minelab. These guys have done great work on my machines! I am about to sent my excal to them to install a new cable- mine has dry rotted. Also having them install the inline quick connectors so I can swap out the 10in coil for the Superfly coil. Keep us posted on what you find out.
Thanks for the info.

I will check into that.

I haven't done much detecting here lately and when I have I have used my nokta legend.

I will check them out though as I want the old excal right.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread