🙋 WANTED Excalibur with 8 inch coil or 8 inch coil...

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If those pics don’t make someone wanna go dig a hole somewhere I don’t know what will...absolutely astounding.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got pics of it???

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Well shucks, just stumbled into this thread. I'm kinda interested in what happens here. I have only 7 detectors now I think - haven't looked in months really about what I've got left. I do have a modded Excal, kinda love it. Do I really need another one?

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nothing but crickets..

Just L

Dec 21, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Screenshot_20210205-142053_Gallery.jpg 20210205_141439.jpg

Price increased to 500+300= $ 800 (for the work done at 1/29/2021 with 6 months warranty from manufacturer)

New parts include:
Tube and Tube seals
Anderson knobs and knob seal,
Improved heavy duty battery cable.

I do have the oem stick (not pictured)
However I don't have the rechargeable battery pack or charger.
AA Battery pod is included.

Last edited:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Who did you send it to for repairs?

I sent mine to Kellyco years back, and I'm not sure they do it anymore. Real serious situation back 6 (?) years ago, where everybody was trying to put a beating on Kellyco.

I went down there in person to pick that baby up from their mods, and I met the folks there. Those were some good people.

I pray all is well with them now.

Just L

Dec 21, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to a local minelab retailer, paid $25 in shipping cost to have them send it to detector center (authorized minelab service center at PA). Two month and other $280 later I finally got it back.

The shop's name is Reilly's Treasured Gold. I'm not sure we are talking about the same people. Or maybe people that are in to this hobby are just nice in general.. but it's pretty unusual in South Florida these days....

Last edited:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, they are different folks I had never heard of.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I posted my history with my Excal, wasn't looking to "slant" the way this topic goes. Really I've got a heavy addiction to metal detecting technology, and I was just posting some info of my experiences. My o-rings may be dried out now, didn't go in the water last year, and as of now = this year.

The Excal II is the best water hunting detector I've ever used. Got a good one already - but I do have the "addiction" = always looking.

That price looks plenty good

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kellyco no longer does any mods or repair work, it was shut down when they sold Kellyco in 2018. I worked in repair center there for Minelab.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Kellyco no longer does any mods or repair work, it was shut down when they sold Kellyco in 2018. I worked in repair center there for Minelab.

Yeah TH, was there with you back then.

Still here swinging my modded Excal, but realistically - I do need to get out more.

Kellyco did my mods back then. Who do we go to now?

kingvegan

Sep 11, 2014
Sonoma county CA
Detector(s) used
whites 5900, Tesoro Tiger Shark on order
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
right now I am looking at either a Fisher CZ21 or an Excalibur II, I thought those two machines were on the same level but now the Fisher is $400 less that the Excalibur. Have you ever tried a CZ21? Are these two machines not really in the same class? Is there a reason why you went of the Excal? thanks

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sent you a P.M J.L..

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Looking back, Kellyco stopped doing repairs & mods. I forget his name now, but I forget a lot of things now. Their repair guru passed away suddenly, and that left them in chaos. That gave them an undeserved bad rap. Really good guy too. When my mods were complete I drove down there to pick it up in person and met their folks. Met a couple other good people down there too :)

I also got to swing in the water of both the East and West coasts :) The water was a heck of a lot warmer on the Gulf coast!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread