Excellerator EQ2 coil for Etrac, anyone familiar with this?

hotrod53

Dec 20, 2008
south of Pittsburgh
Detector(s) used
Jetco Coinmaster, Jetco Huntmaster, Whites 5000-D, Tesoro Toltec 100, Tesoro Cutlass II, Minelab 705 Gold, 6" Coiltek Digger coil, currently Minelab Etrac, RNB battery pack, and a Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it is in good condition they are very hot coils. Of course the larger the coil, the deeper it will go so you'll lose depth compared with the stock 11" coil but you gain separation in trashy areas. For a small coil they hit hard and deep but don't expect to hit a dime hard at 10". (90% of the coins I have found were in the top 6") I know a guy who hunts mostly parks and schools and he almost never takes his 6" coils off his three machines, he loves 'em. I prefer an 8" coil myself and keep one on my Safari and ATP, wish somebody made one for the Nox.

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it is in good condition they are very hot coils. Of course the larger the coil, the deeper it will go so you'll lose depth compared with the stock 11" coil but you gain separation in trashy areas. For a small coil they hit hard and deep but don't expect to hit a dime hard at 10". (90% of the coins I have found were in the top 6") I know a guy who hunts mostly parks and schools and he almost never takes his 6" coils off his three machines, he loves 'em. I prefer an 8" coil myself and keep one on my Safari and ATP, wish somebody made one for the Nox.
gunsil is right on! I use a 6 x 8 Detech and pulled a quarter at 10" with a nail at 6" off to the side. The E-TRAC showed the nail, but locked on to the quarter with the Trash Density set to "HIGH".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread