Explain your USERNAME and AVATAR on this thread...

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello folks, many of us have very creative usernames. I thought since I was not doing nothing right now, it would be nice to see why some people chose their usernames on here.

I'll start off.

Many people think that I am from Buffalo, NY. I am not from Buffalo, NY.

I chose this username because when I was a young boy, probrably 5 or 6, my grandfather gave me a few coins, and in them, some dateless buffalo nickels. I thought that the buffalo nickel was the most interesting coin, and I started collecting them.

Needless to say, buffalo nickels with no date are only worth face value, maybe add a penny or two.

The buffalo nickel still remains my favorite coin to collect, plus, who knows what goodies you can find in nickel boxes...

Last edited:
Upvote 3

K

Jul 17, 2011
MI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Explain your USERNAME on this thread...

My simple username I thought would stick out buy being one letter, and the letter is "K" well because it's the first letter of my name lol​

"K"eith

I was also going to change my name to IntelligentK, I am in school and one of my favorite classes is Spanish. In Spanish intelligent is "in-tell-i-g(g sounds like an h)enté" But instead of an e, put a "K" which would sound like in-tell-i-hent-kay. Just something I was thinking about :)

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

When I was a CRH Rockie I asked a lot of dumb questions here and all the veterans CR Hunters were very supportive and helpful. None of them ever made fun of my basic questions such as " what is an NIFC?" or " What is an Ike?" One time I told a CRH here that he was a Jedi Master since he knew a Lot related to coins and he replied to me that I was an apprentice and that he was going to give me the name of Darth Walker. I liked the name since the beginning. An other Coin Roll Hunter here designed the Logo Avatar for Me. I think my name is cool because reflects the aggressiveness we all CRH have when it comes to territory and competition and also combines power with the name of one of the most beautiful coins the Walking Liberty. Plus the Star Wars Stuff.

The names of the CR Hunters that created my name and Avatar were:
Ugotit22 (Famous also for his Oracle the Mercury Magnet)
and
Djabend

Darth Walker

Dok Holliday

May 2, 2011
Eastern Iowa
Primary Interest:
Other

Dok has always been a nickname of mine, as it is related to my last name. And with a nickname like Dok, you just have to go with it.

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other

Well, I am not a member of the Evil Empire, as is a common reference to the name The_EE on many of the Precious Metal sites.

I am not an Electrical Engineer as well.

The name EE came from Ultima Online in 1997, one of the first truly popular Massive Multiplayer Online games or MMO's. I went by the name of Ethrilord Erewan and everyone just used the first two letters of my name and called me EE. Figured it was easy to remember and recognizable and I stuck with it. Only reason I put 'the' before my name is because most sites require a 3 letter to 5 letter minimum to names or I would have just been EE.

GimmeSomeSilver

Sep 21, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Because I love silver like a fat kid loves cake. :hello2:

Goose-0

Dec 25, 2006
Central Minnnesota
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & VX3

My second favorite hobby is Goose hunting, thus Goose-0. (The '0' is when I miss.) I normally hunt 16 weekends (Sat & Sun) a yr + a 4 day hunt in N D. My first hobby is driving my 6 speed S U V....zoom - zoom!

That Canadian Guy

Sep 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other

When I started first reading this forum in late August I noticed that essentially everyone on here was american, where as I am Canadian and can only hunt canadian coins. When I decided to join up I realized that I would be the only Canadian on here, and so to everyone else I would seem to be "That Canadian Guy" amongst all you americans. I thought it was a good, self explanatory name so that when ever some one would read my posts they would remember that I was Canadian. I am no longer the only Canadian on this forum but 1 out of 2.

StevoCBR

Apr 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
a piece, fisher f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

2007 honda cbr 600rr and my name is steven...interesting thread...

Attachments

• 07CBR600RR_L_m.jpg
    07CBR600RR_L_m.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 8,539

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab

Love the Desert and it's animals. Love the fox the most, so Desertfox it is.................. Happy Hunting.

AGBlex

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
southern, Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Initials.. then nickname...

AGB..
Blex :)

happy hunting guys.

ps i hate banks today

lockespop

Nov 4, 2011
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

My son's name is Locke...I'm his Pop.

Canadian hunter

Dec 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other

That Canadian Guy said:
When I started first reading this forum in late August I noticed that essentially everyone on here was american, where as I am Canadian and can only hunt canadian coins. When I decided to join up I realized that I would be the only Canadian on here, and so to everyone else I would seem to be "That Canadian Guy" amongst all you americans. I thought it was a good, self explanatory name so that when ever some one would read my posts they would remember that I was Canadian. I am no longer the only Canadian on this forum but 1 out of 2.

Won't leave you alone here.

My name reflects what I do in Canada in regards to coins. CRH is a type of treasure hunting. You never know what you find and where.

DoomDrag

Dec 16, 2011
Mobile, Alabama
Detector(s) used
White's MXT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

When I had gotten my first computer at the age 9 and AIM was popular I had to make a screen name. To young to really think of I asked my brother to make one thus JonDragon12 came, only he added 12 to make me seem older. lol When it was time to make my own and still big into dragons I wanted something that would mean a lot to me and me passion of dragons. When reading the dictionary to really spice up the name I came across doom and thought about it DoomDragon but the name was taken and so rather just shorten up the name or adding to it so I started looking up words and came across Doom: death, destruction, or some other terrible fate, and Drag: pull along forcefully, roughly, or with difficulty. To me that has what happen to dragons. Henceforth DoomDrag
20110415_dragon_01.jpg

coincrawlin

Sep 13, 2010
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

As a kid I was always "crawling" over the ground finding things....coins, wallets, rings, etc. My parents and grandparents used to say I was the luckiest kid cause I was always finding money. Almost thirty years later, I'm still doing it, just mostly through CRH now.

coincrawlin

That Canadian Guy

Sep 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other

desertfox said:
Love the Desert and it's animals. Love the fox the most, so Desertfox it is.................. Happy Hunting.
Are you a fan of Erwin Rommel, who was also called "The Desert Fox" in his days as a tank commander? Thats at least what I think of when ever I see your name.

$nack-Money

Jul 16, 2011

Mine originated from the same one I use on the MMORPG Seafight (whichh I incredibly still play today).

I was just trying to think up some unique bs name... or when you're a kid its that stuff you ask your mom for when you go to the movies lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread